Search results

1. J

About M/B CMOS battery

I have a server with M/B : X10DRC-LN4+ Recently I've observed the following error : According to Supermicro FAQ FAQ Entry | Online Support | Support - Super Micro Computer, Inc. the battery must be replaced. The battery type is : CR2032 The question is : Which battery brand to choose ? Which...
  2. J

Issue with DIMM slots on X10DRC-LN4+

I've bought this motherboard X10DRC-LN4+ more than a year ago, but only now discovered the issue, because I installed the second CPU. Three DIMM slots are not working. When I install one DIMM into P2-DIMMF1, I get this error during server start up "Uncorrectable Memory Component Found...
  3. J

How to access RAID controller in runtime

In the past I used only software raid like Linux mdadm. Now I have this motherboard : X10DRC-LN4+ which has on board hardware raid : LSI 3108. I can access the management interface of raid during system boot up by pressing ctr+R. This maybe a noob question but how to enter into management...
  4. J

Issue with X10DRC-LN4+

Hello, I bought a motherboard X10DRC-LN4+. I powered it on, CPU and memory are Ok, I can access the BIOS. But it doesn't detect any SAS and/or SATA driver. Also a red led is always on near SAS controller. The manuals says that it means : "SAS controller error". Can anyone help me to fix this...
  5. J

Want to buy X10DRC-LN4+

I'm going to build a powerful server (which of course will be located in my house) based on X10DRC-LN4+ Does anyone know any serious cons about this motherboard ? Also according to the specs I'll be able to place 10 SATA3 and 8 SAS3 HDDs into it, is it correct ? Any help will be greatly...
  6. J

Hardware solution for a monitoring system

I need a hardware solution in order to build a monitoring system for my servers. Requirements : 1. Low power consumption 2. Reliable 3. Quite powerful 4. At least 3 gigabit ports (could be 100Mbit but I prefer to have everywhere gigabit ports) 5. Low noise 6. Size must be no more than 1U The...
  7. J

Why should I pay more for a server rack ?

I'm thinking to buy a server rack. Why should I pay $900 for an APC server rack, wouldn't be enough to a buy a chinese no-name rack for $300 ? I'm trying to figure out what features I'll get if I'll pay more money. Is this just the brand (which is not a useful "feature" for me :-) ) ?
  8. J

Issue booting Cisco WS-C4948-S switch

Hello, I encountered an issue while trying to boot Cisco WS-C4948-S switch. It gets stuck at line : Image text-base: 0X0000000, data-base:..... See the image bellow So I don't see the IOS prompt, which must appear at the end of the boot sequences. I tried to boot different IOS...
  9. J

Choosing a cisco switch, question/advice

Hello, I'm building a home server rack, I had to choose between a few of cisco switch models : WS-C4948-S, WS-C3560G-48TS-S, WS-C2960G-48TC-L The switch must satifies the following requirements : 1. Had at least 44 ports 2. Must be a gigabit switch 3. Very flexible in...
  10. J

Supermicro X9DRi-F, no beeps, no POST

Hello, I have the following hardware : 1. Supermicro motherboard : X9DRi-F 2. CPU : Intel Xeon E5 2670 (QB7A C0 Stepping) 3. RAM : Kingston Technology ValueRAM 64 GB Kit of 4 (4x16 GB Modules) 1600MHz DDR3 (PC3-12800) ECC Reg CL11 DIMM DR x4 Server Memory KVR16R11D4K4/64 I power on the...