Search results

1. A

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Hi all, I finally got around to updating and licensing one of the ICX6610s today which I've had sat for two years in the garage - thanks @fohdeesha and all for the info. Just a quick question regarding optimal fan location. I've read the hardware installation guide and that seems to keep...
  2. A

EU Dual E5-2600 Foxconn Server £250

If you can take the Plex server offline it may be worth trying something like memtest86: MemTest86 - Official Site of the x86 Memory Testing Tool Otherwise there are tests you can run from Windows. It shouldn't be shutting down - did it ever shut down with the original fans?
  3. A

Have you run any soak tests etc to see if it's maybe the memory or something else at fault? Back when CPU crypto was just profitable I was running one of these servers 24x7 at 100% CPU load for months on end and it never shutdown once. Might also be worth trying new CPU thermal paste just to...
  4. A

I think with the standard BIOS there was no support for the v2 range - are you after purely clockspeed or more cores? Some of the most powerful chips from that era were the E5-2690 with 8 cores / 16 threads per socket @ 135w or the E5-2687w - again 8c / 16t but at 150w. The E5-2687w was a...
  5. A

These were a great buy - the two I have are still running and I upgraded to the latest ESXi 6.7 this weekend and so far it's working great!
  6. A

Firmware for HP LTO 6 Full Height drive from Oracle

Hi, I bought a used HP LTO 6 full height fibre channel drive and unfortunately the one that arrived differed slightly from the listed pictures in that it's pulled from a Storagetek SL500 / SL3000 or SL8500 library. I have the latest firmware from the HP site but unfortunately you can't load...
  7. A

Just for reference these 10 pin USB adaptors from Amazon fit the internal USB connector and give another couple of USB ports (they didn't give enough power to run an external USB HDD but seem to run a USB key fine) 10 Pin Motherboard Female Header to Dual USB 2.0 Female: Amazon.co.uk...
  8. A

What doesn't sound correct? It's the 2x E5-2650s in there. I've maxed out the performance settings in the BIOS and I did change the multiplier to auto and also enabled NUMA for when I drop ESXi on there and that's what all the above figures are from? I did run a very quick test with SuperPI...
  9. A

I just had one of these arrive today (I found this thread today while looking up Purus). According to my power monitor it's currently using 170w while running memtest and this is on a 64GB box with 16x4GB DIMMs. It's just running through a memtest+ but I've not seen it pull over 200w yet (it's...