Search results

1. G

recommended 8087 to 8088 cable

Hello. My server has front facing connections (including PCIe bracket). This means that using a SAS HBA with external connector is not an option due to the required bend radius (my rack closet has about 50mm between the face of the server and the glass door). My plan is to use an internal SAS...
  2. G

AOC-S2308L-L8E vs AOC-S2308L-L8I, IT? IR?

Thank you both. @whitey: I understand that i/e is the indication for internal/external, is that true only for standard LSI models? I am wondering how come in this case both I and E are internal and the only apparent difference is the IT mode of the E vs TI mode of the I... I'll search for a...
  3. G

AOC-S2308L-L8E vs AOC-S2308L-L8I, IT? IR?

Hello. After reading this excellent thread I now have a bit more understanding on what's going on in the LSI world but I also have more questions. I am trying to get some answers regarding my original post. I will try to be specific to the HBA side (and ask the chassis questions in the proper...
  4. G

Lenovo ThinkServer SA120 - Rackmount DAS

Hello. I am thinking about using this DAS for my home storage. I wish to hook it to my Supermicro SYS-5018D-FN4T server. Server runs Ubuntu 16.04 with KVM for various VMs (Ubiquiti NVR, Ubiquiti Unifi controller, some other stuff). Never thought I'd need storage (had a different solution) but I...