Search results

1. A

Poor Low Que Depth Performance with Windows 10 Guest under Proxmox KVM 5.3-8

ok. So I cant make sense of this. I've done some testing running the intel Optane 900p 280gb ssd inside a windows 10 VM under proxmox 5.3-8 and I cant figure out why I'm only getting around 50MB 4K Q1 performance. bare metal performance should be closer to 200Mb/sec, one of the great benefits of...
  2. A

Supermicro Trying to Deny RMA for Broken Dimm clip

The craziest thing ever. Supermicro is trying to deny my RMA for a A1SRI-2758F because one of the SO-DIMM clips is broken. The clip was not broken before I mailed it in, so it must have broke in transit. Has anyone experienced anything like this. Of course I submitted the RMA because the board...
  3. A

114$ TYAN S32272NR-C338 Denverton C3338 SoC Motherboard

114$ TYAN S32272NR-C338 Denverton C3338 SoC Motherboard @ Amazon https://www.amazon.com/TYAN-S32272NR-C338-S3227-Computer-Motherboards/dp/B07D8XS3WS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1545107400&sr=8-1&keywords=S32272NR There is someone out there for whom this is the right board. Would be great for...
  4. A

Has anyone else bought Fiber store Cat8 ethernet cable

Has anyone else bought Fiberstore Cat8 ethernet patch cable? I bought some recently as I was looking for some quality shielded cables in the 7-10ft range and their cat 8 cables were cheep. $3.50-$4.50. After checking these out today I noticed that these cables are 26 awg thick. Having felt some...
  5. A

Verrified List of Threadripper X399 Motherboards that function in ECC mode

So I've read all the forums about X399 and threadripper supporting ecc and nothing seems conclusive. Lots of rumors when it first came out. I'd like to know if anyone out there has actually verified that their ecc ram running on an x399 mobo is actually running in ecc mode and which x399 board...
  6. A

Recommended Hot Swap Cages for DIY NAS? Trying to Fill 9 5.25 Bays

Hello. So today I just picked up a few icy dock MB975SP-B hot swap drive cages and I am kind of blown away with how poor the quality of these things are. Icy Dock has a pretty good reputation, I own other stuff of theirs, their tough armor stuff looks nice. Also I understand that this unit is...
  7. A

Chenbro-48-Bay-Top-Loader-4U-Chassis-NEW With Rails

Server-Chenbro 48 Bay Top Loader 4U Chassis NEW in Box! New Rail Kit Included! | eBay Chenbro - Products So after much thought this isnt the storage rack for me, but someone else may have a different opinion and different needs. This seller has many of these, they're all new, they have best...
  8. A

Anyone Running Proxmox 5.0 on Supermicro X9DRI-LN4F?

Anyone Running Proxmox 5.0 on Supermicro X9DRI-LN4F? Last time I tried to install 5.0 I got a ton of ACPI errors, problems with the nics continiously renaming themselves. I i installed 4.4 I only ask because today I installed Proxmox 5.1 on an X9DRI-F and it worked fine so i'm wondering if...
  9. A

Simple Question about Proxmox KVM and CPU Cores allocation

Ok. A question that everyone has thought of which I cant find a simple answer to which i'm sure someone knows. How do most hyper-visors treat CPUs with hyper threading for the purpose of CPU core allocation. For example in Proxmox KVM if you allocate 4 cpus to a VM are you really just giving...
  10. A

Cant Upgrade Bios Supermicro X9DRI-LNF4 FFS checksums Bad

Cant Upgrade Bios Supermicro X9DRI-LNF4. When I try I get an error that says FFS checksums Bad. I've disabled the write protect jumper on the board. tried multiple flash drives to make sure they're not bad. swapped out ram to make sure its not corrupt. I have Firmware version 1.0 on this board...
  11. A

USB controller Pass-through Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F ESXI 6.5

So I've literally had this problem for like a year. I just absolutely cannot get the onboard USB controller for this Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F to show up in ESXI as a pass-through option. It just doesn't appear in the list of pass-through hardware. I own a number of other Supermicro X11 boards and...
  12. A

Samsung SM951 AHCI in SUPERMICRO X10SRM-F. PCI Express 2.0 VS 3.0

Hello everyone. So I've been looking at this SUPERMICRO X10SRM-F board for a build when to my disappointment I noticed that its onboard M.2 slot is actually only a PCI Express 2.0 x4 slot (Not 3.0) and I would like to fit a PCI E 3.0 x4 SM951 card in there. Does anyone have any idea what the...