Search results

1. F

CWWK/Topton/... Nxxx quad NIC router

All of these Chinese minipc sellers are going to give you a cheap, crappy power supply, including CWWK. Even if it’s supposedly a name brand power supply, the guts are usually replaced with junk. IMO you should always replace it with a known quality brand.
  2. F

2.5Gb/ SFP+ uplink / POE+ managed switch landscape is frustrating right now.

Ubiquiti recently released a whole bunch of 2.5Gb switches. Definitely not cheap, though.
  3. F

i225/i226 Intel NICs in 2024 - Still Issues?

No issues for me, but I run linux rather than freebsd.
  4. F

CWWK i5-1235U 6 port i226 report

That’s correct. What I have linked in the post are what I recommend. The first BIOS we had access to is the only one they didn’t mess with.
  5. F

I don't fix anything. I just flip some switches in the BIOS. Newer BIOS's might fix this, but the problem is they messed with things like C-states that you can't undo, making them not feasible to use.
  6. F

Does OPNsense has as good bufferbloat mitigation as OpenWRT?

That's correct, it does not have CAKE, which is only available on linux. OPNSense is FreeBSD.
  7. F

Topton i3 N305 device

AES performance has no relevance to wireguard since wireguard does not use AES.
  8. F

This is great, thanks! I'll be putting this to use next chance I get. Can you edit your post to link to the post that has the BIOS? That way people have the warning and instructions that go with it.
  9. F

No, OPNSense/FreeBSD is slow. Here is my testing. I run linux bare metal now.
  10. F

I can't confirm the packet drops, but I can confirm the performance hit. I switched to linux after testing showed 3x+ throughput difference.
  11. F

I've had no issues in linux. Perhaps it's a BSD issue?
  12. F

For the 8505, a quality 60W supply is enough. I use a 60W with my 8505 with no issues. When you step up to the 1235U you need a 90W. The 60W they supply with the unit, though, may or may not be enough. Even if it's a "name brand", a lot of times the guts of it are swapped with junk. My opinion...
  13. F

I do all my mods on macos. If it stays there until it thermal throttles, you're good. If OTOH it drops to around 15-20W after a couple seconds, you're hitting the TDC problem.
  14. F

I'd bet that's a 13th gen. You sure you didn't order an 1335?
  15. F

Is it an AMI BIOS? If it is, tell me where to download it, and I might be able to get you set up.
  16. F

That will work fine. IIRC, that was in response to someone who couldn't get the 12V.
  17. F

You're at ~3W at idle. The peak is ~17W so your speedtest adds 14W.
  18. F

Help build a home server with mini pc

An N100 should take you pretty far. You mentioned QOS so if you choose to use Linux, I think you could pretty easily do CAKE shaping at 1Gb/s on the N100.
  19. F

The top one is your package power so it’s the main one you care about. You can see in your first spike it went up 13-14W. That’s on par with what I get when doing a 1Gb/s download with NAT and CAKE shaping.
  20. F

I use netdata, which has a powercap graph. A simpler method is to use the s-tui tool.