Search results

1. J

EU Dual E5-2600 Foxconn Server £250

My solution was to put a spare piece of wood on top of it to aid airflow, but I plan to put the old faulty machine on top instead. As a sidenote, BargainHardware has pretty exceptional customer service
  2. J

Hey, have any of you guys come into the issue where when you power down the server then you are not able to power the server back up again? mine won't allow me to power up via the ipmi or by pressing the physical switch on the machine. When accessing the ipmi, all the other power options are...
  3. J

Thank you! I was planning to switch to ubuntu from running windows server 2016 and this pushes me way more to do so as I need the higher clock speed on those 2650's XD *edit* That just reminded me I can change the windows power options to do the same thing,totally forgot that. Still probably...
  4. J

Server's running great so far, though I have the issue where the server is trying to be too power efficient XD Anyone know if there is a way to get the cpu's to stay at the max multiplier without any load?
  5. J

I'm happy with mine so far, I haven't changed the cpu multiplier so it's sat at 1.8ghz, which I'm fine with as I want to keep the temps low for the time being until I change the heatsinks and such to quieten the machine down. The sound from the standard fans won't really notice behind closed...
  6. J

That's handy to know that the motherboard won't care about fans. I already have a plan in mind for cooling the ram, I'm fortunate enough to have access to a 3d printer so I plan to redesign the ducting across the CPUs and ram to accomodate different coolers as I don't have the system in a rack...
  7. J

Hmm, maybe I might have to power it directly off of the PSU and just provide the motherboard with a sensor connection so it thinks a fan is connected
  8. J

Aweseome, so no need to pull the mobo out to change heatsinks? My pure concern with the server adjusting fan speeds it that if I do use a pair of aio watercoolers, I don't want the pump speed to be dropping down on them :P
  9. J

I network booted it in the end, though it will boot from USB, which is nice. It's not as loud as I was expecting, initial start up is, but the fans do settle down to a more manageable level. My main question now is to mount new heatsinks to this, to further nullify the noise, does the system...
  10. J

So glad to hear it works, I have my server arriving tomorrow and that transceiver arrived today :p means I can slot the server nicely into my network :p also, can this server be booted off of USB?
  11. J

Interesting, thank you very much. I'll probably pick one up when I get paid, £215 seems like a bargain haha. I'll try and move my caseless x5450 system on to a new owner :P
  12. J

Ahh, I'm used to the noise from 2u servers, I have an old dell poweredge 2650 laying about. Thank you for reminding me it's on a more standard socket though, Much happier to get one knowing I can significantly silence it :) My next question is, by chance, do you happen to know which form...
  13. J

Of course, I almost forgot it was a 2011 system XD I'm so accustomed to my x5450 system being the awkward 771 socket But I'm curious of noise levels in its standard form, purely as I am limited by budget somewhat and won't be able to perform the silencing upgrades right away as I'm more likely...
  14. J

Hey guys, I was thinking of getting one of these machines to replace my dual x5450 machine, though I do have a couple of questions. The primary one is how loud is this machine when running? Does bargain hardware ship these with the fan shrouds and do the fan speeds change depending on whether or...