Search results

1. D

[Update: Hired!] Startups and I don’t fit: got let go yesterday

@kapone - Is absolutely right. I was laid off 6 months ago after 20+ years at a fortune 500 company. After spending time with a personal branding firm, I learned that 98% of recruiters are using LinkedIn as their primary means to find candidates. Most of the calls I got were from LinkedIn...
  2. D

Microsoft SQL Performance Tweak?

@BLinux Yes, I do mean LUNs backed by different disks. The idea is to isolate IO between the data files and transaction LUNs. This is especially important if there are multiple databases on the same SQL Server instance. Its hard to say about block sizes. It really depends on the database...
  3. D

I don't have any experience with proxmox but I have used SQL Server extensively in a vSphere environment. Data integrity in any relational database system is paramount. Disk caching can and will be disastrous to a database due to loss of power. Microsoft strongly recommends turning off disk...
  4. D

Hi Albert, MS SQL Databases can be either read intensive, write intensive or both. It really depends on the database design and the application(s) that connect to the database. A couple of things to think about. MS SQL databases have a minimum of 2 files. The data file which includes meta-data...