Search results

1. L

Possible to Remember Sort on forums?

Every time I go to Great Deals/For Sale, my purpose is to see if there are any new deals or sales. So I have to change the sort from Last Message Descending to First Message Descending (4 clicks). This is stressing me out. Possible to remember last sort?
  2. L

where can AI go from here?

i cant only see two things thats changed within the last 20 or so years. More TFLOPs, and some changes to back prop to cope with the nearly flat gradients. thats about it. we have ASICs now. thats about the limits of current tech as far as brute force. so all we can do now is get larger and...
  3. L

Where to find cheap Scalable motherboards?

There are some cheap scalable cpus around now. But no cheap motherboards. Anyone know where to find under $600USD dual scalable boards?
  4. L

bl460c for c7000 NIC query

Hi, I am new to C7000s. I bought one cheap for a play, and looking for cheap blades to fill it. There are cheap blades on ebay that advertise HP BL 460c G8 641016-B21 NO CPU/NO RAM/NO NIC/NO HEAT SINK/NO RAID How would these work without a NIC? What role does the NIC play in a blade? I...
  5. L

NEW OEM NVIDIA Tesla NVLink P100 SXM2 16GB CoWoS HBM2

I found these on ebay. Do they even have heatsinks or pcie ports? Anyone know how they work? Possible to hack in to my desktop? NEW OEM NVIDIA 900-2H403-0000-000 Tesla NVLink P100 SXM2 16GB CoWoS HBM2 6165437051354 | eBay
  6. L

LGA 3647 motherboards-6 channel?

there are several LGA 3647 motherboards with 8 and 16 dimm slots, how does 6 channel memory work with these number of dimms?
  7. L

fit 4 platinum xeon in 1U?

I am limited to 1U and want to fit as much CPU as possible. Are there any 4 Socket motherboards around? I can only find the SM ones that come with a server. if i were to find a mb, where would i find a compatible psu? The SM motherboards have 7 x 6 pin plugs. Do retail psus come with so many...
  8. L

Mellanox ConnectX-2 VPI vs ConnectX-2?

Is the VPI model lower latency than the standard one? or are they equivalent when running 10gbe ethernet (as opposed to IB which im not interested in)?
  9. L

AU Pair 2680v2 $365!!

Hi, Great deal on ebay now. Pair 2680v2 $365!! MATCHING PAIR SR1A6 INTEL XEON E5-2680V2 10 CORE 2.80GHz FOR DELL T5600 C8220 | eBay heaps of them. USA only I think. Luke
  10. L

Does Samsung 960 Pro have an Option ROM for C602/X79?

Hi, I have read that the Samsung 950 Pro had an option ROM to allow seamless booting on C602/X79 Motherboards. Can the same be said of Samsung 960 Pros? Thanks guys! Luke
  11. L

why do Xeon Platinum only have 3 UPI links?

Intel® Xeon® Platinum 8180 Processor (38.5M Cache, 2.50 GHz) Product Specifications i thought Gold is 2P and Platinum is 4P+ processors. why only 3 UPI links? and what does this mean? ScalabilityS8S thanks!
  12. L

anyone know how to get 1RU colocation in Geneva?

just chasing colo 1RU in GV2 or GV1 or others around there. hard to find companies that actually will do 1RU
  13. L

will Volta Tensor Core appear in Geforce?

Besides V100s, will we see Tensor cores in Geforce models? Geforce are much more cost effective on large scale! but VTC brings the maths a bit closer. if they can put VTC in a geforce of course it will be perfect.
  14. L

sort Great Deals by Start Date?

Is there a way to make Great Deals forum sort by Start Date by default? Its annoying to have to change it every time i check the page. Should be default. Noone wants to see updates on a 2 year old deal. Same problem with For Sale. Its the default on most other sites to sort deals/sale forums...