Search results

1. J

Asus Z10PE-D8 2x Xeon E5-2620v4 16c 32t total and more...

Board/cpus/heatsinks are sold. If any interest in the ram or the fiber nic feel free to drop me a line and offer.
  2. J

Asus Z10PE-D8 2x Xeon E5-2620v4 16c 32t total and more...

I had to build a temporary server for a client earlier this year to replace a broken one and have one until his built to order one was delivered and setup. All the parts where new at time of build (except the RAID card I grabbed that out of another server) and less than a year old (was...
  3. J

HP/PMC SA in whitebox

Yea I have been on the hunt for the cache card, its worth a shot. Don't know about trying to flash the older her fw. Doubt you can even do it (or is your statement telling me I can?). Building new server so may not even use the p840 anymore, but if I get the workaround to take I may.
  4. J

HP/PMC SA in whitebox

I currently have a few P840's and use in Asus Z10 and Supermicro X11 boards. I love HP SA cards for many reasons but I always build servers from the ground up. The only thing that stinks with the P840 is I cant connect it to a battery because that series connects the Cache card and the Battery...
  5. J

New Server Purchase - Proc Recommendations

I always knew about supermicro and seen plenty of them but for some reason never purchased one until about 18mo ago. I am super happy and rarely deal with anything else these days. They have yet to let me down and I will rarely buy anything else these days. But I mainly build from the ground up...
  6. J

Supermicro partially updates website with LGA 2066 Motherboards with C422 Chipset for Xeon-W

Very interested on some real world performance comparisons between comparable 2066 and 3467 setups. I have to sell a 9mo old server/workstation cpu/mb/ram/raid combo for a client, it is way more performance that he needs and asked me to look into the new Xeon platforms. He spent a fortune on...
  7. J

Ubiquiti Beta UniFi AC HD USD$174

These are a GREAT addon to any Unifi System, certainly if you getting bottle necked as far as WiFi bandwidth, or using wireless uplinks. The Advantage over say the AC Pro is its more advanced MIMO system. Whats even better is most Unifi hardware always gets new features/capabilities added...