Search results

1. L

How to tell whats new?

Guys, am I missing something or what? I have been out for a while, come back to the nice new theme but for the life of me, can't tell what threads are newly commented on or posted, all look the same, Read or Not. Most other forums have bold text on fresh activity while old/stale threads go back...
  2. L

IBM 46M0997 - Possible dud?

Hello all, I recently purchased a IBM 46M0997 expander and for the life of me, cannot get the Muppet to detect any drives (SAS or SATA) on the BP1, 2, 3 & 4 ports. Used both LSI HBA and Adaptec HW RAID card, same result, they know the expander is there (detected) but nothing after it. Any...
  3. L

Remote KVM / WS extender

I have just seen another thread go up asking close to what I am chasing but will post mine here as not to crap the other thread up. other thread is here: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/kvm-kvmoverip-recommendations.7483/#post-66966 I need 4x Monitors from a big workstation...
  4. L

Hey Pat, the unread forum tab

Hey Pat, I have been noticing that the Unread forum icon/tab has a habit of going before I have finished in the first forum. Is there any way to make it hang around longer or set it to manually go after I have actually read the threads contained within?
  5. L

WTF is this mob trying to get away with?

US entertainment industry to Congress: make it legal for us to deploy rootkits, spyware, ransomware and trojans to attack pirates! - Boing Boing OMG, now someone needs a hug I feel.
  6. L

Funny reading about true "Unlimited" plans

Seen this today, thought it was worth a gander. FiOS customer discovers the limits of “unlimited†data: 77TB a month | Ars Technica Poor bugger and his little home server being picked on by ISP giant.
  7. L

Hardware reviews and the test-bed

Hey Patrick, May I suggest that with any articles that you are doing on server grade gear, can we NOT see domestic gear like blasted OCZ SSD's and the likes. It just comes from seeing reviews that are using consumer gear all the time. I know the forums are aimed at "Home" users but still...
  8. L

Suggestion on the articles

Would it be too much to see a more in-depth look at the hardware being reviewed? I am not chasing pages and pages of synthetic benchmarks but would like to see loads more pictures (if possible) and definitely more info on the devices concerned. This comes from the resent ASRock server with a...