Search results

1. S

Napp-IT Replication Integrity After NIC Failure

Hi all, We have been using the Napp-IT Replication Feature for a long time as a (multi-level) backup. We've been lucky and haven't needed to restore from it, so I'm not well versed in this feature/technology. We had an incident where a NIC failed after moving a storage server (third-level...
  2. S

ZFS Scheduled Snapshots Advice Request

Hello, We have been successfully running OmniOS + Napp-IT Pro for a long time. Our two storage servers (primary/fast and secondary/backup) are 'in production' and I am loath to make any changes that might result in any problems. As I am quite inexperienced with ZFS scheduled snapshots, I have...
  3. S

Special VDEV

Hello and thank you in advance for all replies. Regarding Napp-IT and Optane Special VDEV: http://napp-it.org/doc/downloads/special-vdev.pdf (I read this several times.) Background ========== I recently purchased a pair of 480GB Optane 900p for a primary storage server with Napp-IT Pro. I...
  4. S

10G NIC Bonding Revisited

Hello and thanks in advance for all comments. Background ========== I have two dedicated Napp-IT + OmniOS storage servers with free (unused) Intel 10GbE Ethernet ports. Both servers are fully up to date (OmniOS and Napp-IT). One storage server is for various backup duties, and the other is...
  5. S

Best Way to Move Drives to Another Location

Hi, I hope this is not a dumb question... I have a situation where I would like to move a pool of 4 drives from a (small, lower quality) JBOD into the main (larger, higher quality) server chassis. This pool is only used for storing virtual disks accessed by a very simple NFS scheme...no users...
  6. S

How to Prepare Used Drives for New Pool

Hi, I have several used enterprise SAS SSDs that I want to use to create a new pool on an OmniOS storage server. What is the best method to prepare used drives? Write zeroes? Some 'format' command? Should I use Napp-IT's option "Disks -> Initialize"? Additionally, I also have a used SLOG...