Search results

1. N

New ZFS storage server with napp-it - Some problems

I'm setting up my storage server, inspired by the "All-in-One" napp-it setup. I have installed ESXi, created a VM with latest OpenIndiana, and installed napp-it. I have set up the /tank pool, and I try to create a ZFS Folder shared by SMB. Aparently, something was missing, because I had to...
  2. N

Mix regular and "advanced format" drives in same RAID-Z?

I have three (individual) WD20EADS 512b sector drives, and I'm thinking of expanding to a 5-drive RAID-Z array. The EADS are almost impossible to get hold of these days, so it appears that I have to buy a couple of "advanced format" drives (either WD20EARS, Samsung F4 or something else). Is it...
  3. N

Where to buy SuperMicro X8DTH-6F

Hi! Not sure if this post really belongs here, so feel free to move it. I live in Norway, and there is only one store selling the X8DTH-6F, and hence, it's quite expensive since there really isn't any competition. So, I'm going to order it from the US and save some money. Which stores in...
  4. N

Is the LSI integrated adapter dead?

Hi! First of all. Thanks for a great site! I just recently discovered it, and the articles and reviews are excellent and just what I'm looking for. Then to the problem. I bought an OEM Tyan S2915-E (from an XW9400 workstation) off eBay, accepting the risks as it was sold "as is". The board...