Search results

1. R

Help with daisy chaining to a Kinan KVM

First off, can anyone tell me if this is actually a Kinan KVM? There's not exactly a lot of identifying marks but there's a serial on the back that starts with XL1908H and google takes me to Single Rail 19” 8 Port USB VGA LCD KVM Console which similar but not identical looking, with slight...
  2. R

FS: Austin Dell C6220 2u4n 8x Xeon 2660

Dell C6220 Four fully populated sleds, each with 2x xeon 2660s Ram varies from 32g to 82g (I got a deal on 1g sticks) Shipping is a hassle, prefer to meet somewhere in Austin. Reply if you want more specs. $400 meeting somewhere in austin.
  3. R

C6220 IPMI raw fan control no longer working?

So I got a C6220 version 1 earlier this year with 4 nodes and things have been pretty great, except for the fan noise. So I did a lot of googling and eventually found this post: [Poweredgec-tools] C6220 ipmi fan speed raw command? Which says: ipmitool -I lan -H <IPMI-IP> -U root raw 0x30 0x19...
  4. R

Which SFP+ 10GBE cables are compatible?

This is a rather vague question since I don't actually know enough to ask a better question yet, but to make it short and simple, I too am embarking on the great voyage known as 10Gbit ethernet, I bought one of the quanta lb6m 10gbe sfp+ switches and some mellanox sfp+ cards but once I started...
  5. R

Need basic advice for how to rack mount supermicro + norco case?

So a while ago I purchased a supermicro 4u 24 bay rack mount server and then sometime later a 16bay norco expander. Both of these are the standard boxes you constantly see popup on ebay and mentioned in the forums here. I've had them laying on shelves or the floor for a long time now but I just...