Search results

1. Biren78

Proxmox move VMs to another cluster or system

I've got a few VMs that are sitting on LVM, Ceph and ZFS in a Proxmox cluster. I want to move a few of them to another datacenter. I know where the kvm config file is so that's easy and easy to edit. Moving storage between nodes in a cluster is easy. Is there a good way to move the storage? Like...
  2. Biren78

800GB M.2 eMLC and power loss protect

$400 at auction now 800GB ST800KN0021 Seagate Nytro XM1440 eMLC PCI Express 3.0 x4 NVMe Mixed Use M. That's a nice m.2 drive.
  3. Biren78

DIY Powerwall 18650 Anyone Here?

My coworker sent this. He's hooked on the idea. Is anyone doing these? Here's the guide How To Build A Mini DIY Powerwall with Maker Batteries – DIY Batteries And a popular video Looks like you'd be able to get these Tesla 24V 105Ah Battery Lithium Ion Module 18650 Cells for cheap and make...
  4. Biren78

Anyone flashing Mellanox ConnectX-3 in qty?

Anyone here have a box or two that they've used for flash Mellanox ConnectX-3 from HP or IBM to stock? I'm finding myself about to do a dozen. Tooling seems like I'd have an easier time using Windows instead of Linux. Can anyone give me some pointers on a flash box? I'd also like to hear if...
  5. Biren78

STH got a shout out on Tom's today kinda

STH didn't get a link but Linux-Bench did How We Tested Intel's Xeon Platinum 8176 Too bad there's so much crap on there that you can't read the article.
  6. Biren78

Two requests for STH crypto mining

Can we get ETH GPU and CPU as well as Zcash CPU threads like the monero mining performance thread. Maybe break Zcash GPU out from the Docker thread too? I'd assume those are the big 3 now I'd want to mine.
  7. Biren78

nvidia-docker on Ubuntu 16.04 and need to change docker installation method

I just wanted to inform STH members that you cannot use apt install docker.io to install docker for NVidia-docker anymore. The new NVidia-docker 1.1 requires docker-ce or docker-ee You can use the wget -qO- https://get.docker.com/ | sh method to install and then install NVidia-docker normally.
  8. Biren78

Tensorflow + Monero in Docker Impact?

I know that Monero and Tensorflow use different CPU parts and Monero doesn't run full CPU. Will mining Monero in Docker while training models in Tensorflow hurt training performance? A lot?
  9. Biren78

GTX 1080 Mini $460 NEW

Got a small case? No problem. ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Mini, ZT-P10800H-10P, 8GB GDDR5X IceStorm Cooling, Dual F | eBay +$7 ebay bucks. That's new. Smaller. Non-ref cooler and sold by NE so you'll get a warranty making it better than used cards at the same price.
  10. Biren78

EVGA GTX 1080 $439 Amazon

Cheap version of the founder's but it's $60 cheaper than other GTX 1080 cards that start around 500 Amazon.com: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING, 8GB GDDRX, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC) Graphics Card 08G-P4-5180-KR: Computers & Accessories Just to compare, here's the ASUS version Amazon.com: ASUS...
  11. Biren78

Anyone doing ETH mining in Docker?

ETH is hot right now. Anyone got this mining? It looks good on both Amd and Nvidia.
  12. Biren78

M.2 kit for Intel servers AXXKPTPM2IOM

If you aren't using the Intel rIOM for networking, here's something. A M.2 adapter kit Amazon.com: Intel 1U PCI Express rIOM Riser and rIOM Carrier Board with M.2 Support Kit , Single AXXKPTPM2IOM: Computers & Accessories I didn't even know they made them. Is this adding a M.2 SSD to the Intel...
  13. Biren78

Cheap 1U PCIe M.2 Riser - why don't they exist?

Why aren't there stacks of 1U M.2 PCIe riser cards out there? Think about all the 1U server cases with empty PCIe slots because you can only have 1 riser card. If these existed you'd be able to add stacks of NVMe drives to 1U servers easily.
  14. Biren78

Project Proposal: ELK Stack for Monitoring Proxmox, pfSense, FreeNAS

Proposed Project Name: ELK-PPF Objective: Monitor Home Labs Technologies: Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Docker Description I want to propose a project. We should have a standard launcher for an ELK stack in Docker. Then, we should work on getting Proxmox, pfSense and FreeNAS logs into the...
  15. Biren78

Proxmox stability? I'm looking for experiences

I've seen lots of buzz on Proxmox for both storage and VMs on here. I tried it but how are people finding their stability with Proxmox?
  16. Biren78

Where is the save file for IPMIview?!?

My work laptop is getting upgraded. I just realized I won't have all of my saved systems in IPMIview when I move over. I'm thinking that IPMIview saves the config file somewhere, does anyone know where that might be?
  17. Biren78

4x 960GB Samsung PM853T - $1099 OBO - many avail

Here's a crazy one for you: (LOT OF 4) Samsung Enterprise SSD PM853T 1TB (960GB) SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" $1099 list price with best offer for FOUR 1TB SSDs. These are the datacenter TLC drives but with power loss protection (T in model). That's about $275 per drive not including best offer. Seller has...
  18. Biren78

Canada WD Red 6TB - currently <$70 with time left

I came across this one while I was searching myself: Western Digital RED NAS 6TB Internal SATA Hard Drive model WD60EFRX Might end up being a good deal on a 6TB drive for someone in Canada. I'd sure test that quickly if I bought it though.
  19. Biren78

Playing with Proxmox - ZFS send work?

Just started playing with Proxmox. I have two servers. One at my house and another one at a remote datacenter (my neighbor's house). We have a slow-ish WiFi link that can pull 1-2MBps which is ok but not fast. I copied over a development VM recently that had a big database application and a...
  20. Biren78

Raging Inferno Hot: Micron p320h 350GB (2 avail) - $260ea

Here's the link: 350GB DELL MICRON SLC PCIE 2.5 INCH SSD SAS SOLID STATE DRIVE MTFDGAL350SAH $260/ ea I got two of these awhile back for $1/GB. These are PCIe 2.0 drives like the Fusion-io but they work in NVMe drive slots/ cables. I think when we benchmarked them they were like 1.7GBps so...