Search results

1. C

LGA 1700 Alder Lake "Servers"

Dang. The number of pci slots on that board is drool worthy. Any idea when this board is set to release? I think the return window for the asus w680 from B&H closes soon
  2. C

Reasonably priced 13600T and 13700t available here: https://www.quietpc.com/raptor-lake-i5?product=7543 https://www.quietpc.com/raptor-lake-i7?product=7538 my order for a 13600t came out to around $330 shipped to the US. Anyone have experience buying from quietpc.com in the UK? I guess I’m at...
  3. C

Any benefit to a 13500 over a 13600k in terms of power consumption? I was about to checkout with the 13500 and then saw that my local micro center has the 13600k in stock for $250. They don’t have the 13500 in stock which makes me wonder where that will be priced if/when they receive them
  4. C

Same here. It’s getting delivered tomorrow and was drop-shipped by ASUS. Now to find compatible ECC DDR5
  5. C

Part of my reasoning for placing an order through them right away. Hoping it ships soon
  6. C

WTB: Supermicro 1u SuperServer (Xeon / AMD)

Hello, I'm in the market for one of the beefier supermicro Xeon D or AMD 1U superservers with 10gbe ports on the front. This will be for a pfsense build for high-throughput inter-vlan routing. Something along the lines of the 4 or 8 core 5018D/5019D models would be excellent. Many thanks!
  7. C

xeon e-2278G missing from stores

Have you received the CPU?
  8. C

Xeon E-2200 release date?

still waiting..
  9. C

NVIDIA Quadro P2000 new for $350

i'm waiting for plex hardware transcoding to mature on linux, then i'll cave on a nice GPU
  10. C

NVIDIA Quadro P2000 new for $350

Not just Canada. $380 shipped with tax in the US.
  11. C

CSE-836 + CSE-PTJBOD-CB1

apologies for reviving this old thread, but i’ve been looking everywhere for these stand-offs. if anyone has any leads please let me know.
  12. C

FS - 32gb sold

PM'd as well
  13. C

Xeon E-2200 release date?

likewise. i’m assuming these should be out any day now. hopefully.
  14. C

SuperMicro x9drd-7ln4f-jbod Rev 1.02 @ $142

sweet! just grabbed one! just as an FYI, i'm pretty sure the X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD unofficially supports PCIE bifurcation with BIOS v3.3+. this will make a nice spare/replacement for my current X9DR7-LN4F-JBOD as it's essentially the same board but it has two 16x pcie slots and no bifurcation...
  15. C

SMCI X9 Bifurcation I Why some boards but not all ?

My RMA request for that memory issue I was having was approved by SMCI today. The request also included information about bifurcation not working despite being in the BIOS. Curious to see what happens with that.
  16. C

Likewise, which is why I was holding out for bifurcation support. I suspect i'd never notice, but still... seems silly my board won't bifurcate, especially after comparing my screenshots with the ones a few posts up. I'll reach out to SM support early next week to see what they have to say...
  17. C

heh. mine look almost identical, except the bifurcation settings don't change (see pics). you are right. that leaves only the two. I wonder at which point the PLX chip begins to bottleneck with a 4 slot card like the AOC-SLG3-4E2P? I assume rather quickly in a x8 slot. I'm rebuilding my ZFS...
  18. C

Intel Optane P4800x vs P900

yeah, i still think the p4801x should do fine in a homelab environment, no?