Search results

1. T

HP branded Intel S3500 S.M.A.R.T data interpretation

I have two Intel S3500 240GB SSDs which are HP branded, smartctl (6.5 r4318) doesn't have them in its database and show following data: === START OF INFORMATION SECTION === Device Model: VK0240GDJXU Serial Number: BTWL334303U9240NGN LU WWN Device Id: 5 5cd2e4 04b460e4a Firmware Version...
  2. T

Oracle Solaris 11.3 and Intel X552/X554 10GbE drivers

I have a Supermicro X10SDV-2C-7TP4F [1], the onboard Pentium D1508 has integrated 10GbE (X552/X554 based) interfaces which i'm trying to use with Oracle Solaris 11.3 which didn't work so far, the interfaces don't show up in dladm show-link I'm new to Solaris and really could need a hand in...
  3. T

OmniOS and Pentium-D 1508: Does the on-chip 10GbE NIC work?

Recently i decided to switch my storage server to ZFS with napp-it and OmniOS but realised my Mellanox ConnectX-2 EN is not supported by OmniOS and was out to buy an Intel based card. However, i stumbled upon the Supermicro X10SDV-2C-7TP4F and after the drooling stopped i decided that i must...
  4. T

Any experience with 'refurbished' WD HDDs?

I got five 2TB Western Digital RE4-GP drives last week, contacted the ebay seller beforehand and been told that the drives are 'refurbished'. After arrival i checked SMART data, ran badblocks and did some load testing however i found two things that look strange to me: 1. The SMART data has...
  5. T

[SOLVED] Wonky IPMI on SM X9SCM-iiF

Last week i bought a used X9SCM-iiF on ebay, threw in a E3-1225v2 (according to SM the E3-xxx5 variants with integrated graphics are not 'recommended', for now i assume that doesn't cause the IPMI issue..) and 2x8GB DDR3. It's working fine except the IPMI is causing trouble; The IPMI interface...