Search results

1. T

EU Huawei RH2288H V3 (ddr4/v4) full fronts 187€

If my memory serves me right it is this screw: Edit: This procedure is described in the user guide on page 275 but be aware that the illustration of the module assembly is actually back-to-front, this seems to be an error. The screw in question is actually on the left side.
  2. T

To remove the rear HDD module: Loosen the thumb screws inside the chassis but *also* remove one additional screw in the back. Then you can lift out the assembly. To delete a RAID array: Enter the card's config utility (CTRL+C during POST) -> Select array -> View Existing Volume -> Manage Volume...
  3. T

I asked about that in the support forum[0], apparently the part does exist: BC1M01SSDA But haven't seen that one in the wild so far. [0]RH2288H V3-PCIe riser in HDD tray - Huawei Enterprise Support Community
  4. T

Yeah you're absolutely right, i was thinking of a completely different platform when writing that. The ICs on the Huawei riser are of course switches to facilitate SMBus communication.
  5. T

Right, it only contains the IR firmware. I've uploaded the IT version here: https://ufile.io/9k863hyt However, the version published by Huawei is quite old (P12), if you have the SR130 (no BBU/no cache) then you can also use the latest firmware package from Broadcom since it's a standard SAS3008...
  6. T

User-configurable bifurcation is highly unlikely since the PCIe lanes (apart from the 2 x8 slots) are meant to be used with risers. Those risers contain an EEPROM which in turn contains info about the riser's physical slot layout. The EEPROM is read out by the CPLD during post and the lane...
  7. T

That would be fantastic and very much appreciated!
  8. T

Did you have a direct contact at Huawei? @Xeroxxx has found out, that there is a much newer BIOS image v5.22 [0] which is not accessible to people with normal customer accounts. All attempts to ask different support channels to provide that image have failed. They all just basically told me 'Go...
  9. T

Both come with a riser assembly that contains two FH/FL x16 slots (upper 8 lanes, lower 16 lanes) + 2x12V to supply GPUs
  10. T

I received 2 units from them and the boxes also looked a bit ruffled after shipping, but that is due to the shipping company. But the boxes have this hard foam stuff inside which can take quite a beating. The only issue i had was with the vendor themselves (piopartslab); i bought one unit with...
  11. T

Sure, send me your email in a PM and i'll hook you up.
  12. T

Are you able to access the controllers config tool during POST now? If you need firmware, docu, drivers, etc. send me a PM with your email, i can send you the files. Edit: I see it still doesn't work. Reset the BIOS to default. You must've messed something up, the controller uses PCIe lanes...
  13. T

'Compatibility support module'. I don't recall if the Huawei BIOS calls it that or even uses it, just make sure you enable legacy mode (UEFI+Legacy/Dual mode is fine). So what are you trying to achieve here? If you can't enter the controller's config utility during POST see my comments above...
  14. T

Boot option set to UEFI only? Set it to UEFI+legacy and leave the CSM option enabled.
  15. T

Did you actually wait long enough for the BMC to come online? In case of faulty hardware the (red) error LED on the front will blink and an error code is displayed, none of which should prevent the server from starting, at least none of the parts you listed. And the SD card slot directly on the...
  16. T

Nice find! Spare parts are quite expensive since they're rare and not worth buying imo. A 24-bay backplane alone would cost almost as much as the whole machine. The servers from the listing you posted come with two PCIe risers though, most versions over here in Europe have a 2-bay 2.5" cage in...
  17. T

Yes, they slide out fully and are toolless. Installation was done in 2 minutes.
  18. T

It's not that much though, i was hoping for a lower power draw than what i actually measured. It's quite tempting to get one or two more of those servers to replace existing machines... Btw, if you're looking for rack rails this polish seller has the right ones and the price is okay, even with...
  19. T

@Xeroxxx Bad news, the figures seem to be quite accurate except for one situation where the BMC reports a much higher power draw (server OFF, both PSUs online). I've run some tests with a Peaktech 9040 which isn't calibrated nor does it report its accuracy but the reported and measured values...
  20. T

At the moment it's installed on a Intel S3500 and datastores on a Samsung PM1633a, please note that USB/SD card installations were causing trouble for customers with certain versions of ESXi 7.x and the option will be removed in later versions. [0][1] Regarding ESXi installation image; It...