Search results

1. T

Dell Poweredge R240 - Barebones w/ Xeon E-2124 - $180

Maybe use the headphones to block out the noise and use this as a desktop? But yeah, good catch, weird to think about. Even better if it's PCI
  2. T

$127 Cisco ENCS5412/K9 Xeon-D 1557 (12 core), 32G ram

Can this... not run ESXi?
  3. T

Qotom Denverton fanless system with 4 SFP+

This isn't a facetious question, so don't read it in a sarcastic tone: How does one use these? I have a 2015 era Qotom 4x that I used for PFSense. I retired it and went with a used HP low-power tower where I added a 4x intel NIC, again with PFSense for a router. How would you use the 4x SFP+...
  4. T

New 4x 2.5GbE and 2x 10GbE Intel Core Firewall and Virtualization Appliance

I'm confused. Are the "unused" sata ports "usable"? Or disabled and just there without any potential for use?
  5. T

EXPIRED Intel P3605 1.6TB NVME 2.5" $55

SOOO tempting, but putting together something that would run these is more expensive the the collective cost of the drives
  6. T

Very useful

Are these standardized measurements to a 3u/4u chassis or anything else? Or is this just two pieces of metal that can go on a rack shelf with proper vibration control?
  7. T

Amazon: Samsung Pro Plus Micro SD 512GB - $34.99

Would you be willing to tl;dr why you chose those?
  8. T

EXPIRED 3.84TB SATA SSD 120 USD

OOS
  9. T

Engenius ECW230 (Wifi6 4x4 AP) - $125

I got mine today, so I'm following along to see how people manipulate the set up. In the mean time, is there any harm in me plugging mine in and setting it up the way it was meant? Can I undo the FW or whatever down the line?
  10. T

SAS9300-16I

I'd like to be in on that deal also
  11. T

AIC RSC-4BT 4U 36 Bay Barebone Server

SKUB for $500 would have sold out if our group here saw that.
  12. T

(US) 90 dollar Wyse 5070 Thin client/mini-server?

I forget, how are people buying these?
  13. T

ZimaBoard 216 for $83.90

I was about to argue until I saw that the PCIe is 2.0 x4. Ouch.
  14. T

SanDisk CloudSpeed Eco 1.92TB 2.5" SATA $120

U.2 you can sometimes scrape $130. SAS was maybe $150/160 lowest that I got. I'd love SAS 3.84 @ $130
  15. T

Maxed out Topton AMD 5825U i wonder how much power it takes now.......

Thanks. Would a 2230 drive fit in that 3rd spot? Or does that even extend outside the case?
  16. T

Maxed out Topton AMD 5825U i wonder how much power it takes now.......

Can you link out your parts list aside from the crucial disks?
  17. T

[CN] Seeed studio reServer 4C/8T for $274.50

This does not have vPro fwiw $60 shipping!?
  18. T

Brocade ICX6610-48P-E < $100

Yes, this one. It was a really cheap listing. The seller was an e-recycler. I asked if there were any problems, and if they could test it before buying. They replied they couldn't test it and offered free return if it didn't work. The 2.5g area in pictures showed a few bent cages (at least the...
  19. T

As direct playback device: NAS->5070->Monitor. It wouldn't play 4k. I'm confused, if Apple TV uses direct play, where did the transcoding come into play? If the 5070 can transcode, huge win. Also lol for using a 5070 thin client with Unraid.
  20. T

Which OS? I tried with GUI Linux OS (Ubuntu Desktop, Mint, Pop, maybe others) for Plex playback from my NAS and I could not get 4k playback on these. If this can transcode as a server, however, then this is a steal.