Search results

1. I

AMD EPYC 7302p+ Supermicro H11SSL-i version 2

Did you run into import duties etc or did the seller label it in a "good" way to minimize that?
  2. I

Yea, part of me is thinking that the added performance will get things done so much faster that it will have more time to idle and thus save energy in the long run.
  3. I

The TDP of a CPU seldom equates to power usage though. I saw a test of a single e5-2670 that was doing something like 160W under load. They also seem to lack some modern power saving states if my interpretation of powertop was correct. Here is where I'm thinking the more modern CPU could make up...
  4. I

Like many I built a dual Xeon e5-2670 in a S2600CP a few years back. I have 128 GB ram (16 x 8GB) 3 LSI SAS2308-8i SAS controllers connected to a backplane that hosts 24 3.5 inch HDD's a Intel P3605 SSD a Nvidia Quadro P2000 and a Intel X710 network card. I run about 30-40 Docker containers on...
  5. I

Setting up my new dual cpu home server

Ahhh Thanx m8 ;). Guess it would make little sense to move plex and already running things into docker then if they basically run on the host OS in a docker container to. Not sure why but I was under the impression as little as possible should run on the host OS in order to keep any virtual...
  6. I

I have only read a little about Docker and perceive them as "light weight vm's"? Then storage is done outside of the dock somehow? What would the overhead be if running plex, sickbeard, sabnzbd, couch potato in their own docker instances instead of in a single vm or on the host OS? If I would...
  7. I

Im leaning towards Ubuntu as a base. How much should I put on the base OS of what I'm already running today? Should I let the base OS handle plex etc or just act as a VM host and setup a VM to handle plex, sickbeard etc?
  8. I

Hi Not sure if this is the best place of the forum to post this in. Feel free to move it if it fits better in another section. This might be a bit long but stay with me :) I have had a home server of some sort running for many years. Started out with different Linux distributions about 15...