Search results

1. C

Supermicro 836BA-R920B - Question concerning harddrive activity LEDs

Hi! I am currently using a Supermicro 836BA-R920B Chassis which contains a 16 Port direct attach SATA/SAS Backplane. As HBA I am using a Microsemi HBA 1100-16i. All my drives (16x SAS) show no activity ( I mean the LEDs from the drive trays). I read about SGPIO Cables but I am still unsure...
  2. C

FreeNAS 11.3 U1 and Mellanox ConnectX-3 issue

Hi guys, I would need your help. I have a FreeNAS 11.3 machine with a Mellanox ConnectX-3 40Gbe / IB Single Port installed. The interface does not show up in the list of network interfaces but the driver seems to be loaded: pciconf -lv | grep Mellanox -C 3 class = bridge subclass...
  3. C

Supermicro H12SSW-NT - FreeNAS 11.3-U1 NVMe issues

Hi Guys, I just completed my new freenas build with a Supermicro H12SSW-NT Mainboard and an eight Core Epyc 2 CPU. I have connected 4 U.2 NVMe SSDs to the board via two slimsas x8 cable. The disks simply won't appear. Neither in GUI nor Shell. I spent a good amount of time checking the BIOS...
  4. C

Intel VROC - How to identify disk to filesystem association

Hi Guys, I currently have a system that has two RAID1 data volumes. (2 x 2 1,6TB Intel NVMe SSD). The two raid volumes where build via Intel VROC. I now need to extend one of the volumes to 3,2tb disks and I am pulling my hair out how to identify what disks belong to which filesystem. I just...
  5. C

Supermicro X11SCA-F Fan Control Question

Hi, I have a question regarding Fan control on the X11SCA-F. I have a 826BAC4-R920LPB Chassis where this board is installed. CPU ist cooled passively. When I connect the three fans to the headers SYSFAN1, SYSFAN2, SYSFAN3 and set the speed to "Standard" then fan speed is lowered to 2700rpm on...
  6. C

AOC-SLG3-4E4T on Supermicro X11SCA-F

Hi, I guess that the HBA mentioned in the title uses bifurcation. Can anybody tell me if this works with an Supermicro X11SCA-F Mainboard. Couldn't find anything in the manual. Thanks in advance! Chris
  7. C

Supermicro EPYC 7002 PCIe 4.0 Build question regarding compatibility

Hi Experts, I already spent a good amount of time figuring out how to build a DIY EPYC 2 PCIe 4.0 system with Supermicro components. I also need support for FHFL PCIe Addin Cards (for that Reason I choose the WIO Chassis). I would like to use this chassis (because of WIO and 4x U2 hotplug...
  8. C

Crossflash IBM Connect X3 to Mellanox Firmware

Hi, I recently bought two single port 40GB Connect X3 Nics that have IBM Firmware on it. Can somebody help me to identify what stock firmware I can flash on those cards. I don't even know if they are FCBT or QCBT. Here is the Info: Device #1: ---------- Device Type: ConnectX3 Part...
  9. C

CSE-836E16-R500B - swap expander backplane to "passthrough" backplane

Hi Guys, I have a CSE-836E16-R500B Chassis and I noticed (didn't look closley enough before buying :-( ) that the backplane is an expander backplane. I have multiple SSDs and this backplane will lower performance. So I am wondering if I can swap the backplane to a normal SAS backplane. I have...
  10. C

Supermicro X11SSA-F - Cannot boot from NVMe M.2 SSD after BIOS Update

Hi Guys, I just did an UEFI Update on my Supermicro X11SSA-F Board (v2.1) and no longer have my gentoo installation available as boot option (sitting on a M.2. NVMe Intel SSD). I had this issue before but now I am not able to solve it. The Gentoo installation is an UEFI Installation! What I...
  11. C

Supermicro X11SSA-F and Xeon E3 v6 Support

Hi Guys, Do you have an idea when the Supermicro X11SSA-F will receive support for the v6 Kaby Lake Xeons? I currently need to upgrade my server and that is what it should be. As far as I know there will be no new chipset for the v6 Series, right? The Intel C422 will be the pendant to x299 I...