Search results

1. C

Supermicro 836BA-R920B - Question concerning harddrive activity LEDs

In case anyone is interested: For SAS Disks you can use the following (under Linux): sginfo -XRt 0x19 /dev/sda 0 2000 2000 0 = LED ON 1 = LED OFF Worked like a charm and the change is persistent as well.
  2. C

Ok, thanks. If anybody knows I would appreciate it.
  3. C

Thanks, interesting stuff in there but I couldn't find out if the LED behaviour can be changed though.
  4. C

Hi! I am currently using a Supermicro 836BA-R920B Chassis which contains a 16 Port direct attach SATA/SAS Backplane. As HBA I am using a Microsemi HBA 1100-16i. All my drives (16x SAS) show no activity ( I mean the LEDs from the drive trays). I read about SGPIO Cables but I am still unsure...
  5. C

Asus KNPA-U16 BIOS update Naples->Rome

I am in a similar situation. I "accidentally" flashed the Rome Bios and actually have a naples CPU installed. Now Board won't post (QCODE 00). I cannot revert to earlier BIOS because of the above mentioned Baseboard ID mismatch. Any ideas? Thanks!
  6. C

Supermicro H12SSW-NT - FreeNAS 11.3-U1 NVMe issues

I attached both dmesg outputs to the Jira Ticket.
  7. C

@KarelG: Yes, you are right. The issue I am facing with posting the dmesg output from TrueNAS nightly is that my NICs don't work in that version so I cannot copy and paste the output. A bit of a dilemma.
  8. C

FreeNAS 11.3 U1 and Mellanox ConnectX-3 issue

I would love to have that ISO to simply flash the cards to ETH!
  9. C

Here is the Jira Ticket: [NAS-105542] FreeNAS 11.3-U1 - NVMe devices do not show up on AMD "Rome" Platform - iX - Bug Tracker (Jira)
  10. C

Why not :-) I wanted to have a highly integrated Mainboard with PCIe 4.0 support to be future proof. I am using this (although unsupported by Supermicro) in a 2U BAC4 WIO Chassis with Hybrid backplane (4x NVMe + 8x SATA/SAS) with 64GB RAM, 4x10TB Seagate Exos SAS Disks, 4x4TB WD Red, 2x256GB 860...
  11. C

I opened a FreeNAS Ticket in their Jira system but no reply yet.
  12. C

Additionally I booted Systemrescue CD via USB drive and all NVMe are getting detected.
  13. C

Well I tried the TrueNAS 12 nightly (FreeBSD 12, right?) and I can see all 4 drives, so it is definitely a driver issue.
  14. C

if anybody is interested, this did the trick:
  15. C

Nobody here with an Epyc 2 System and NVMe drives? Any help is much appreciated!
  16. C

Ok, that would explain why the Interface isn't showing up. Thanks for the link but this does seem to apply for linux. In the FreeNAS Forums somebody pointed out to set the system tuneable to something like this: sys.device.mlx4_core0.mlx4_port0 = eth But I am unsure how find (a) the correct...
  17. C

Hi guys, I would need your help. I have a FreeNAS 11.3 machine with a Mellanox ConnectX-3 40Gbe / IB Single Port installed. The interface does not show up in the list of network interfaces but the driver seems to be loaded: pciconf -lv | grep Mellanox -C 3 class = bridge subclass...
  18. C

Hi Guys, I just completed my new freenas build with a Supermicro H12SSW-NT Mainboard and an eight Core Epyc 2 CPU. I have connected 4 U.2 NVMe SSDs to the board via two slimsas x8 cable. The disks simply won't appear. Neither in GUI nor Shell. I spent a good amount of time checking the BIOS...