Search results

1. D

STH Aeon Mining Pool Beta Access

Hi Patrick, I would like to join the pool please!
  2. D

ES Xeon Discussion

I've also found irregularities with online databases of CPU benchmarks. If you look at the Passmark website for these cpus, you get: E5-2667v3 = 16125 (overall score) 2048 (single thread) E5-2640v3 = 14117 (overall score) 1959 (single thread) Which seems a little more like we should expect...
  3. D

Fan Mod for SuperMicro 3U Case?

Yes, I found it surprising too until I found a few posts on overclockers forums where people talk about the benefits to investing in a stronger rear fan. I confirmed it on both my 3u and 4u build getting around 4 deg drop just from upgrading the rear fans. I think it has something to do with...
  4. D

I noticed before you said you removed the rear fans. I should point out that out of all case fans, the rear exhaust is the most important. Would recommend you get the rears back. They're 80mm on the rear I think? Again I would try Noctuas. It's a shame Noctua don't produce iPPC 80mm fans...
  5. D

The Dell PowerEdge C6220 Thread

Thought I'd update on my research. So in contrast to the C1100/C2100, the C6220 motherboard is actually Dell branded with dell logo on the board, so I'm suspecting this is closer to a proper Dell product than the C1100/C2100. Would also be interested to know what cables are required for adding...
  6. D

The Dell PowerEdge C6220 Thread

Is the C6220 a genuine Dell device? I ask because I have a couple of C1100 which are (apparently) Quanta units, and having just had one die on me in a fail condition that isn't specified in the manual (Fault light solid on), I'm now a little nervous about these "low price no frills" servers from...
  7. D

Noctua D9DX i4 3u is perfect for 3u chassis, and actually cools better than the Supermicro/Intel 2u Active-cooler screamers.