Search results

1. W

Fusion-io ioDrive 2 1.2TB Reference Page

Server 2016; fully updated. NICs I've tired are Mellanox Connect-X 2 and Intel X540-T2. Both tied into 10gbe backbone that performs at full speed for all systems outside of this disk. Local to the bare metal host of Server 2016; everything is up to par. If I present the FusionIO as an SMB...
  2. W

So I picked this up; local performance is just as expected - GREAT. However, no matter what, if I present the Fusion-IO on a network; performance is abysmal. I've tried presenting via 10gbe Copper and Fiber. I've tried presenting via SMB and iSCSI. No matter what; once network is included in...
  3. W

WTB: 6x 2.5" Drives or 4x 3.5" drives

I'm building out a new storage node and eyeballing using a barebones R710 casis as the guts. Looking for someone willing to part with either: 6x matched SAS or SATA disks, pref 10k; but ok with 7.2k - 2.5" OR 4x matched SAS or SATA disks, pref 10k; 7.2k a bit less enticing here. Not in need...
  4. W

Making the best use of what I have - VM Storage Server

So I'm revamping my lab and need to move off local storage for my VM hosts. I'm not averse to spending money, but also like to make the best of what I can. For reference, I also have a Synology DS1515+ that is handling my regular storage needs (media/applications/backup/etc); this will be...
  5. W

Annnd pulled the trigger. We'll see how this performs used as a L2 cache disk for Starwind Virtual SAN on a 10gbe network in short order..
  6. W

Ubiquiti Beta US-16-XG $299

Dang; that's really strange that its as inconsistent as it is..
  7. W

I'm seriously considering grabbing one of these to use as a Starwind VSAN cache disk. Wondering how it'd perform on a 10gb network for small-scale virtualization clustering.. I'm thinking I'm going to try it. Worst case is it ends up as my vmware workstation scratch disk..
  8. W

SAMSUNG PM853T 960GB - $159.99

So far so good; was not getting 10gbe on this NIC prior to the upgrade no matter what I tried.
  9. W

Interesting; I do know it's never before worked with my X520-T2 cards across multiple nodes; however it is now. I wonder if this firmware will be of any assistance on their end - it was only released a couple days ago now.
  10. W

Ubiquiti Networks - Downloads Version is 3.7.35 I had to manually point my controller at the download URL in order to get it to see the update: http://dl.ubnt.com/unifi/firmware/USXG/3.7.35.6029/US.bcm5341x.v3.7.35.6029.170109.1438.bin
  11. W

So; with the most recent firmware update - I'm now in pretty good shape! My Intel (copper) 10gbe cards (x520-t2) are talking at 10gbps successfully. Woohoo. Guess they really are out of beta!