Search results

1. A

FS Hardware cleanout Liebert MCR 42u Air conditioned rack enclosure and other randomness

Bump this from forever ago. Anyone in central Florida want the rack? Give me a reasonable offer and it’s yours, I need it out of my garage.
  2. A

Best (most stable, enterprise proven) 10GB NIC model for passthrough to Linux VMs?

I’m probably the odd one out here since most everyone uses Mellanox. I’ve got chelsio T6100 100GBE cards, T625 25GBE cards, and a smattering of older 5/4th gen 10gbe cards in production and haven’t found a system/OS yet without support. I think some of the older cards are no longer supported in...
  3. A

AMD EPYC Embedded 3000 series motherboards?

It’s a shame to see all those pcie lanes go to waste in a mitx format. Just adding 10gbe networking takes up the only slot without a riser and unique case design. No oculink for nvme drives, so use cases have been trimmed down a bit. Now how about mAtx? :) Of course I’m also complaining about...
  4. A

25gbe switches, anyone with a list and pricing?

It’s for biz, a smallish non-profit ~50 users, but it’s time to replace core switches so why go 10/40 when it’s already a generation behind. Plus NFP pricing on MS Datacenter is pretty cheap so s2d is a possibility too as we get to the next server refresh cycle. But due to the nature of the org...
  5. A

25gbe switches, anyone with a list and pricing?

Since 25gbe is the new 10gbe, has anyone had any experience with a good 25gbe switch? I’ve seen some posts online that Dell is most inexpensive but not much showing up on eBay yet. Any recommendations?
  6. A

10GbE Setup

Yay, more fiberstore spam. That adapter is copper. Have you checked the link at the switch? Is the link up at 10gb? If it is, start troubleshooting with iperf and the normal tools to try and determine what’s slowing you down.
  7. A

FS Hardware cleanout Liebert MCR 42u Air conditioned rack enclosure and other randomness

Everything below except the rack includes shipping in the continental 48. If you've got some crazy shipping discount, PM me an we can negotiate a price without shipping. For the rack, I live on the Florida Space Coast and would be happy to try and help you load it. I started uploading pictures...
  8. A

Quiet switch w/10Gb uplink (PoE a plus)

Check out the Juniper ex2300-c-12p series. 2x 10gbe uplinks, 12 poe gigabit ports and no fans so completely silent. You get level 2 and some level 3, it’s a bit more than the TP-link or mikrotik but cheaper than Cisco. I didn’t see how many ports you needed though, so may not fit your requirements.
  9. A

10GB+ ethernet workstation heat

I use this fan bracket and whatever 80mm fan I have laying around. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W8TU9GG
  10. A

Supermicro / Coraid 3u chassis 99 OBO + shipping

If anyone is still following this I offered $50 plus shipping and they accepted. And to confirm, the backplane is SAS836TQ, with an absurd yet manageable 16 SATA cables so no drive size issues. Also it did come wrapped in bubble wrap and peanuts, but they took the handles off and power...
  11. A

Free CloudBerry licenses to celebrate World Backup Day 2017

Awesome, grabbed a copy. Thanks!
  12. A

Ubiquiti Beta US-16-XG $299

Not the unifi version of the switch, but here's the last update on the 10G patch. Supposed to be fixed in Q1 and related to a Broadcom microcode issue. es-16-xg & Xeon-D 10Gbase-T problems - Page 3 - Ubiquiti Networks Community
  13. A

Switched rack smart PDU, 120v, 16 outlet, $72 shipped USA

Auto declined at 49.99 too.