Search results

1. Tom5051

Qlogic QLE8152 dual port 10Gbe nic not fiber transceiver capable?

So I bought a couple of Qlogic QLE8152 from ebay with the hope of using generic FS.com MM fiber transceivers but alas the card will not light up the fiber. My run is 45m and I'd prefer to use the OM3 I've installed. Is there any way to get this card working with any type of fiber transceiver or...
  2. Tom5051

QNAP QSSW-M408S - Are VLANs not working or am I just not getting my head around it

In the server room I have: I have 2x ESXi 6.7 hosts that have been connected to a Netgear GS116Ev2 16 port switch. I setup vlans on the netgear switch and ESXi a few years ago so I could use a virtual pFsense router and pass the cable modem through without needing extra nics etc. Worked fine...
  3. Tom5051

Blown away by Samsung Service

Well my Samsung 950 died suddenly. I bought it in Aug 2016. Anyway after a quick online chat to their tech support, they sent me an express post bag, took them a week to let me know the drive was stuffed and they didn't have any to swap it with so would I like a complete refund. They sent me the...
  4. Tom5051

vCenter 6.7 - html5 client - 404 error page not found

Anyone else upgraded from 6.5 to 6.7 and had issues with the html5 client? Did so today and found the following issue: Can login to the web client and everything is working correctly however when I click on the "Launch vSphere Client (HTML5)" button I get a 404 error - page not found. Any...
  5. Tom5051

Aborting ESXi host shutdown from command line, possible?

Accidentally shutdown the wrong host via the web client, don't ask, anyway the host that initiated shutdown was in the process of expanding a raid array and I was trying to quickly find how to abort a shutdown on ESXi. I didn't manage to find anything in time and yes, painful recovery. So my...
  6. Tom5051

Exchange Server 2016 trial time limit question

I was reading that after the 180 trial of Exchange 2016 runs out, it doesn't disable any fuctionality. I'd like to run a 2 server DAG, has anyone run a setup like this in a home lab using the trial license key and after 180 days was any functionality impacted? What is the drawbacks of running...