Search results

1. W

TOPTON V4 Model C Celeron N5105 4x2.5G Intel i226-V NIC - SOLD!

TOPTON V4 Model C Celeron N5105 4x2.5G Intel i226-V NIC, bare bones (specs found here) $170+shipping So after reading a number of posts about this small system here on STH I decided to get one as a pfSense router for my upgraded network. This is the v4 model that does not have as many issues...
  2. W

Parting out media server

Hello all So I have recently upgraded from a DIY media server to a NAS system and I have a number of items that I will be selling, and I want to offer them here before putting them on eBay. Long time member of STH, and in fact I purchased some of the following items on these forums. For...
  3. W

Toshiba Canvio 3TB $84 at Office Depot, ends tomorrow!!

Thanks go to NORDO over on HardForum for posting this, though it was not in the deals section but in the Toshiba drives thread. Figured I would spread the word over here. Details: Currently Office Depot has the Toshiba Canvio Desk 3TB version for $119.99 (till 3/8) and you can print the...
  4. W

Silicom PEG4IL on eBay for $79 OBO

So I was checking out some Intel quad-port NICs on eBay and happened to spot these. Thinking this is a good deal for a LP quad-port, and I know Silicom is well regarded. Anyway I picked one up for my upcoming ESXi server build, and for less than the BIN price ;). Figured I would pass it on.
  5. W

ESXi n00b having issues....

Hey all In preparation for setting up a ESXi box to house a file server (WHS or 2012) and a WMC/Ceton VM, I have been playing with an installation and learning as I go. I have run in to a couple roadblocks that I seem to be unable to get past with my limited experience and searching. First...
  6. W

Time for new RAID card....

Hello all Long-time lurker just recently joined and I am in need of some advice on an adapter. The system is using ESXi 5.1 running at least 2 VM’s with one being Win 2008 R2 and the other a Win7 MC/Ceton setup. For the most part it will be idle most of the time and other than tuner duties...
  7. W

SeaSonic SS-660XP Shell Shocker!!

Awesome deal at Newegg.com, $109.99 with free shipping and a $20 MIR as well! Hard to beat a deal like this on a 80 Plus Platinum PSU these days. Grabbing one for my new server build and thought I would pass this on. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151121