Search results

1. I

Dell Power Connect MPS1000 External PSU

Cheers prickly, that's what I thought when I was originally offered it so didn't think twice buying it. And forgive me, mark 1 optic = eyeball?? Cheers Iain
  2. I

Dell Power Connect MPS1000 External PSU

Hi guys, It's me again, the one with the random questions. I've gotten my hands on one of these for pennies. So cheap I didn't even do any research into whether I can do with it what I want to first. What I need to know is does this thing turn on and start producing power as soon as AC power...
  3. I

HP DL380 G6 Noisy/BIOS update??

This was my next area of investigation once I had updated the bios today, skipped doing that and just swapped some HDDs around and its back to normal. I owe you some unspeakable sexual favours...... Thanks Iain
  4. I

Why HP Sucks.... & how you can make my week better

Will my G6 need the latest and greatest???
  5. I

Downloaded from here...... No idea if its the latest and greatest, but I'm sure its got stuff for my G6
  6. I

Yeah, I'm jumping on this bandwagon, in the same boat with an old G6.
  7. I

HP DL380 G6 Noisy/BIOS update??

First off sorry if this is in the wrong place but I couldn't see a better place for it. I recently got a DL380 G6 cheap and I'm planning on consolidating all my other physical machines onto this. While I'm building a custom cabinet to put everything in I've been having a play around with the...
  8. I

"Server Cabinet" rebuild questions and advice

Right so I've been buying again, throwing my original plans semi-up-in-the-air and now I'm confused. So I won a old HP DL380 G6 on eBay. Dual X5560 Xeons and 72gb of RAM. So now I have a server that can do everything I want from all the ATX boards combined which probably won't get used in this...
  9. I

Cheers bud, you gave me food for thought with that reply. I think I'm going to use High Current FET's to control everything as I think they will fit my requirements better than SSR or the like. I am also looking into using an optoisolator to "sense" the state of PW_ON from the motherboard to...
  10. I

WNT: Rackmount Ears Netgear GS748T

Yes please to either of you, am in no immediate rush for them but would gladly pay for postage and a couple of beers if either of you do have them. Thanks Iain
  11. I

Thanks Rand_ Yeah they are the right ones, unfortunately the seller doesn't ship to the UK. Thanks anyway though
  12. I

Looking to see if anyone has any knocking around they wouldn't mind parting ways with. I'm in the Uk and I can only find a couple on ebay from the states with stupid crazy postage. Thanks in advance Iain
  13. I

Cheers bud, what sort of quirks did you encounter?? Only because I think I'll probably doing research into this before making my decision once the cabinet is fully designed and most parts bought. Will give me enough time to work out some quirks in testing but wouldn't mind having an idea before...
  14. I

Cheers pricklypunter, you've just written everything I was thinking I'll need to do. I was only looking at adding the 10w resistor as I have them knocking around and I'm planning on running some 12v components off this power supply so would want them on if all motherboards were off so the...
  15. I

Ok, so I'm looking at moving most of my servers/home lab equipment to a new rackmount style custom built cabinet because I'm looking to add some new hardware into the mix. I already have one ATX pc in there, and I am looking at adding another for firewall plus maybe a 3rd if I get a decent price...
  16. I

Not able to reach subnet

Nevermind got it all working again..........
  17. I

Not able to reach subnet

Ok sorry, I have successfully connected to one of the raspberries in the cluster directly from my laptop so obviously, everything is still working right, will have a look at the network cable to the one I can't connect to.
  18. I

Not able to reach subnet

Hi guys, sorry if I am in the wrong forum but looking for some help with my home lab that I haven't the foggiest on how to troubleshoot at the moment. I have a cluster of raspberry pi's behind a banana pi r1 router board, on a separate subnet from the rest of my home network. I had it all...
  19. I

Spare server advice

Thankfully pet free home at the moment, but it is going under the stairs. The server was spotless when I got it, and it was nearly spotless come upgrade time, which it's probably ran for about a week in between so shouldn't be too bad by the looks of it.
  20. I

Spare server advice

Yeah I have cheers, everything got a good clean with lighter fluid and then new thermal paste now the new CPU's are in. Didn't bother while testing at first but now that's all done it's had a nice clean and blow out with the compressor, not that there was much in it. Do rackmounts collect much...