Search results

1. chriscambridge

How do you delete a thread?

I cannot see any option?
  2. chriscambridge

2x EPYC 7713 CPUs bought from a US seller on Ebay..

If anyone is looking for used EPYC 7003 CPU sellers on Ebay, I just bought 2x EPYC 7713 from a US Seller called Parts Cafe. He has 100% positive Feedback on 63K items sold. The CPUs look pretty good, with just minor scratches. The seller was pretty helpful. The CPUs arrived within 48 Hours to...
  3. chriscambridge

Anyone know if the Arctic Freezer 4U SP3 CPU cooler will fit on the Tyan Tomcat HX S8030 mobo (without it hitting VRM's etc)?

Anyone know if the Arctic Freezer 4U SP3 CPU cooler will fit on the Tyan Tomcat HX S8030 mobo? A bit worried that the VRM (?) in front of the CPU socket (and behind the I/O section) is perhaps too high and will hit the cooler? Thanks
  4. chriscambridge

Forum software?

I really like this forum and the way it display's not only the forum categories but also the latest posts and other content. I was wondering if someone could tell me what software it is using, as I have been trying to find something similar for a while. It kind of reminds me of a Wordpress...
  5. chriscambridge

1U EPYC Server with FH, FL PCIE Slot for GPU?

Anyone know of any EPYC Servers that can take a single FH, FL GPU, preferably a GTX/RTX consumer card? I was looking at the Supermicro A+ Server 1014S-WTRT, which has the FH, FL slot, but I cannot see any PCIE power cables from the PSU. Also the specs say it is only rated for the Tesla T4 GPU...
  6. chriscambridge

Gigabyte HPC Server cooling question?

Gigabyte G482-Z50 Does anyone know, or could find out (as I think this server is pre-release), exactly how the following Gigabyte HPC server cools its CPUs? (excluding heat sinks) As you can see there are no front chassis fans, only fans behind the GPUs and at the back of the Chassis; hence my...
  7. chriscambridge

EU FS: 4x GTX 1080 (MSI GamingX) £1400

For sale in United Kingdom 4x GTX 1080 MSI GPUs 3 are GamingX and 1 is GamingX plus £1400 (eg £350 each) Collection from Cambridge only
  8. chriscambridge

Anyone know diff between E5-2699-V4 and E5-2699C-V4 ?

I just came across a C version of a E5-2699V4, but cannot find any information about it.. Anyone heard of one of these before? Seems to have the same specification as the normal one.
  9. chriscambridge

AMD EPYC 7351P + GIGABYTE MZ31-AR0 = 7 GPUS?

Hi Guys, I just saw the review on the AMD EPYC 7351P CPU but it did not really go into GPU usage so I thought I would do a post in here to get some feedback and or advice on this. We are looking to build a 7 GPU rack using the EPCY so we can take advantage of the 128 PCIE lanes, basically...
  10. chriscambridge

Asus X99 Deluxe II BIOS only showing 18 of 22 cores?

So I have just setup a new box on the Asus X99 Deluxe II and the Xeon E5-2696V4. I have done a BIOS update to the latest version, but still the BIOS in active cores is only showing 18 cores? The BIOS is recognizing that the chip is the E5-2696V4. and that it has 22 cores, it just only show 18...
  11. chriscambridge

I have a 'warranty' sticker stuck to my V4 Xeon CPU!?

I read on another post about these but I thought it may be useful to post a dedicated one to ask about these pesky warranty stickers on CPUs. Can you just leave it on? Surely the pins are doing something and I would guess they would prefer not to have a sticker stuck over them? If not, then...
  12. chriscambridge

Correct DDR4 RAM Speed for E5-2696V4 OEM?

Hi Guys, I just bought a Xeon E5-2696V4 OEM CPU which I am going to run on a Asus X99 Deluxe II motherboard (as I heard it benchmark's quite good). My previously builds were running Xeon E5-2683V3 OEM CPUs on the Asus X99 Deluxe I motherboard. For that processor it was a simple thing to look...
  13. chriscambridge

Best AsRack X99 Motherboard to run E5-2698 V4 ES (QHUZ / QHZD)

Hi Guys, I read the following from this forum: "Both the E5-2698 V4 ES (QHUZ / QHZD) are incompatible with the Rampage V Extreme as they are pre-B0 stepping. If you want those cheaper Stepping 0 processors you will need an AsRock X99 to use with those early revision 2698 V4 ES. " Would it be...
  14. chriscambridge

Will Xeon E5-2683V3 OEM 2 Stepping work with Asus X99 Deluxe (not U3.1) Mobo?

Hi, I wonder if anyone knows if the Xeon E5-2683 V3 OEM [2 Stepping] will work with the Asus X99 Deluxe (not U3.1) Motherboard? Please note that both are LGA-2011-V3, so I do not mean compatibility in that regards. The Chip is stated as OEM not ES/QS, and the Motherboard is the non U3.1...