Search results

1. S

WTB: FreeNAS Device

Just posted my FreeNAS Mini for sale. Upgraded RAM, all compatibility vetted out by iXsystems as they build these. Awesome discount for a machine and HDDs that have not been used for over a year.
  2. S

FreeNAS Mini with optional HDD

For sale is a like new 4-bay FreeNAS Mini with optional HDD configuration (read below) Bare system (with upgraded RAM): $600 (45% off new price) 4x 3TB HDD (3/4 in warranty): $250 ($50 off with system, total $850) 4x 5TB HDD (all 4 in warranty): $450 ($50 off with system, total $1,000) System...
  3. S

Have run SMART reports on schedule, just forgot to include them. Attached. To verify warranty status, go to Warranty Status | WD Support List of all 8 serial numbers for convenience: WCC4N7XV1HEH, WCC4N3JER5NP, WCC4N1NL0NNS, WCC4N2YPJDR0, WX21D45C7LUX, WX21D25HEEXV, WX71D65JEA36, WX91D6535EN0...
  4. S

My understanding is the size limitation has to do more with the physical construction / use cases for the 8TB HDDs than any limitations of this physical setup or FreeNAS system. The early 8TB constructions were "archive" drives not made to spin 24x7x365, no TLER/SCT/ERC (vendor dependent error...
  5. S

For sale is a like new 4-bay FreeNAS Mini with optional HDD configuration (read below) Bare system (with upgraded RAM): $700 (30% off new price) 4x 3TB HDD (3/4 in warranty): $350 ($50 off with system, total $1,000) 4x 5TB HDD (all 4 in warranty): $650 ($50 off with system, total $1,300) System...
  6. S

Flashing HP H220 SAS card to latest FW

Rename the attached .txt to .efi
  7. S

For Sale: H220 LSI 9205-8i Controllers

Great service from @theITmart_ak - picked it up locally, card works great. For anyone experiencing issues, you may want to upgrade to latest LSI 2308 firmware. I documented my approach.
  8. S

Flashing HP H220 SAS card to latest FW

Documenting for anyone else struggling and for Google. Bought an HP H220 card per special. Using it with Supermicro X10SDV-4C-TLN4F in U-NAS 800 with FreeNAS. Build thread to follow. Card came flashed to IT mode, but with firmware 15, which seems to be the last supported FW from HP. Went to...
  9. S

SOLD: Supermicro MBD-X10SLL-F-O MB ($140)

Purchased new from NewEgg in early December. Decided to go with a different motherboard size for my build. Can't return as I'm just out of the 30-day RMA period. Tested the board, all works OK. Total run time less than 1 hour. Detailed specs: Supermicro | Products | Motherboards | Xeon® Boards...
  10. S

FS: Supermicro MBD-X10SLL-F-O with Intel Xeon E3-1231V3 ($375)

Thanks, I appreciate the suggestion. eBay member since 1999: p271 on eBay with 28 reviews and Positive Feedback (last 12 months): 100%
  11. S

FS: Supermicro MBD-X10SLL-F-O with Intel Xeon E3-1231V3 ($375)

Purchased new from NewEgg in early December. Decided to go with a different motherboard size for my build. Can't return as I'm just out of the 30-day RMA period. Tested the board, all works OK. Total run time less than 1 hour. Detailed specs: Supermicro | Products | Motherboards | Xeon® Boards...