Search results

1. L

enterprise m.2 nvme drive greater than 1.9tb?

Hi there. I am on the hunt for some m.2 nvme drives with a storage capacity greater than 1.9tb. Need PLP and at least 1dwpd endurance. So far all I can find is the micron 7300 pro at 3.8tb, but it is out of stock everywhere (I bought one on newegg for testing and the seller messaged me to...
  2. L

Does any one have experience with the Dell SCv3020 units?

We run a bunch of simple kvm VM's on hypervisors with direct attached SSD's simple linux mdraid. Performance has obviously been amazing, but we worry about drive failures causing large outages and the lack of flexibility to simply migrate VM's across hypervisors is a bit of a pain point. 10gb...
  3. L

CPU mining with linux on old webservers

So for fun, as I had a bunch of older webservers lying on the racks (e3 xeons mostly) I decided I would try out cpu mining while I wait for clients to purchase them or I thought I'd simply run them to use up the spare power and rackspace I have. I setup xmr-stak on centos (it's the distro I'm...
  4. L

A few questions

Hey All, I've been doing a ton of research and am trying to ensure I have things straight... Is it safe to disable sync? My understanding is that with sync off, writes aren't always committed to disk and in case of a power loss or something, the data could be corrupted. With redundant...