Search results

1. J

EU WTB: DDR3 for Asus Z9PE-D16/2L Motherboard

Hi, picked up couple of E5-2670's and Asus z9pe-d16/2l mobo and I am looking to buy memory for it 4 gig+ sticks preferably and cheap. It is going to the renderfarm 32gigs / cpu is enough. I was hunting ebay for cheap memory of QVL list but without luck. I was reading that the motherboard is...
  2. J

Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

Hi, In following image you ca see my nic setup, drivers, and bus info. At least for me this configuration works
  3. J

Hi I had similar performances. Now I am getting quite steady 9Gb/s +speeds with Iperf 3. I have cheap dac's and same nics as u have. I have several windows 10 machines and one linux fileserver. No virtualization. My checklist for speed is : -On windows machines the drivers -mtu I have 9014 on...
  4. J

This is a fullretard setup. My ups is louder than this thing at the moment. It's not pretty but works. I didn't yet throw it in the rack cabinet but once is there no one is going to see. (FASTPATH Routing) #show environment Temp (Celsius)................................. 38 Fan Speed...
  5. J

Hi, I made also a 3rd hole to the top. I did add the 3rd one because the condensators are at the back and I think if something fails because of the heat it is going to be the condensators. My setup is now 2 x 120mm fans in the front pushing in. And 1 x 140mm at the back sucking out. Just a...
  6. J

New Nas from scraps - in need of a hba or something like that

I am still changing my mind what caused the problem ;). It did affect to the copy speed and it did affect my iperf3 tests. But I couldn't accept the fact that decent virus scanner would slow me down to 30-50 mb/s with fast system/enviroment. I did try to reproduce the problem and I think what...
  7. J

The problem is now solved. I am not sure what fixed it. I did set send/receive buffers to max on my nic, updated the linux box, Uninstalled the Virus Scanner on my computer. One of these steps did fix the problem. I have a feeling that it was the virus scanner (F-Secure Safe) Anyhow now it is...
  8. J

Maybe I should make another thread under the networking about this, I did do some rsync copies using cli of the fileserver and it is working as supposed from raid to raid. So it is for sure network/software related. I should have plenty of throughput on my network but for some reason it is very...
  9. J

Everything else seems to be working well except copying from share to share on the fileserver ;/
  10. J

Here I am copying to ssd raid it is working well enough
  11. J

Here I am copying to hdd raid from local disk. Working absolutely fantastic
  12. J

Here I am copying from hdd raid share to local folder. Speed is as expected and working very well
  13. J

Here is CrystalDiskMark test to hdd raid 10. I don't completely understand this either... shouldn't be this quick right ? ----------------------------------------------------------------------- CrystalDiskMark 5.2.0 x64 (C) 2007-2016 hiyohiyo Crystal Dew World ...
  14. J

Here is CrystalDiskMark test to ssd 0 share ----------------------------------------------------------------------- CrystalDiskMark 5.2.0 x64 (C) 2007-2016 hiyohiyo Crystal Dew World : http://crystalmark.info/...
  15. J

Here is one bad performance example. Maybe some one could explain what is happening here ? In this copy dialog the "workfolder" is a share on ssd raid 0 and I am copying files to share "test" on hdd raid 10. It is copying large files +100 mb. The speed at first is very quick but then slows...
  16. J

Guys thnx for your replies, My problem is mostly that I don't get steady copy speed. Sometimes there is loads of variation in the speeds. I don't know really what is the problem with that. Maybe it has more something to do with network, cifs/smb share and windows explorer copy than actual disk...
  17. J

-Network setup- LB6M switch, 3 meter DAC's, Mellanox MNPA19-XTR ConnectX-2 nics on each computer. Thnx, every bit of help is welcome
  18. J

This is starting to get way off from the HBA gategory but I think I am having some other problems here. When I try to copy from one of these shares to my workstation I am getting ~250mb/s copy speed... not enough.
  19. J

Hi, I did face some troubles and don't really understand what is going on. :D Maybe someone can give me some direction where to troubleshoot (Networking is not really my strongest feat). -setup/problem- ssd raid 0 plugged in to the motherboard sata 6gb/s ports, two cifs/smb shares on same...
  20. J

I did today get the hba, VERY long delivery but I did avoid paying the customs so did save couple of euros. Didn't yet have change to flash or test if it is working. Tomorrow I am going to do it and final build and if things work out.... migrate the necessary data and functionality of the file...