Search results

1. forroden

Ultimate Home Data Center

You know they sell white-noise machines right? Don't need to buy a whole house noise machine lol.
  2. forroden

Anyone familiar with the ebay seller greenteksolutions?

I've bought from a few of their derivatives over the years. Never had an issue with any of them. There's a few companies on there that use multiple names but sell the same products. Some of them aren't as obvious as these. Core 4 Solutions and Rhino Technology come to mind
  3. forroden

Dual Xeon-D

It's Canada, we're so starved for cool things up here I don't doubt they'll go away.
  4. forroden

TYAN S7015 MOTHERBOARD with 12 x PCIE slots - $129+

Sure is cute, but the jury rigging required to power that thing seems like it'd be a nightmare.
  5. forroden

$499 Raritan PX3-5930V 30A 208V Outlet metered/switched 0 U PDU

For what it's worth it's really not all that complicated to swap over a North American standard dryer or oven NEMA 14-50 over to one of the locking 240V plugs like the L6-30. You just take the two hots and the ground for the locking plug and put the neutral away. (If I'm remembering that right...
  6. forroden

Canada Cisco 3750G $17

Welcome to Canuckistan. On the upside, those guys do combined shipping if you buy some other carp.
  7. forroden

Dell Z9100-ON 32x100Gb $3.3k

They also run on those C2000 Atom CPUs and had a massive amount of them get replaced on warranty back when that was a thing. Might be worth confirming before hand if it it's from that generation or the fixed replacement one. I'd guess this late on, it might be the latter though.
  8. forroden

100GbE Mellanox 180 USD

I mean, they probably are perfectly legit cards. Just not a ton of use unless you replace the heatsinks. They've clearly been pulled out of Lenovo's water cooled systems like the SD650. You can see the cards pretty obviously in the stock images on their pages.
  9. forroden

20% ebay site wide coupon 7am-7pm June 6th

Wellll this was a trainwreck. I really didn't need $500 worth of risers, caddies, rails and cables in my life, but here we are.
  10. forroden

HPE ProLiant ML10 Gen9 E3-1225 v5 $50

Description is literally cut and pasted (poorly) from the newegg listing of the same item. Complete with the order limit and voiding. Scam.
  11. forroden

Gigabyte AMD EPYC Mobo

I got voluntarily quit from my job. It was all good fun for the last 8 months or so blowing money and buying shiny toys to play with, but now the money is running low and as much as I want to try my hand at making a custom EPYC system, I'm afraid the products at the supermarket taste much better...
  12. forroden

BPN-SAS2-826EL1 - $36

Yeah I agree, I do prefer the A frames as well, but I ran out of PCIe slots on a box and this is cheaper than most expanders.
  13. forroden

BPN-SAS2-826EL1 - $36

Just in case any of you happen to have some old CSE-826s you want to retrofit into this decade and don't mind only having SAS2 I found this on eBay today: SuperMicro BPN-SAS2-826EL1 12 Bay SAS/SATA Expander Backplane There are plenty of A and TQ options available for similar prices (well not A...
  14. forroden

Intel Xeon Phi Coprocessor 31S1P Special Price Promotion of $195*

For the S1070, quad card thing? Yeah, part number is 320-0351-000. They are pretty much my least favorite rails in the universe. Those boxes are also hot, loud and pretty silly. I thermalled a couple of my servers just by adding one S1070 to the room. They aren't even close with it turned off...
  15. forroden

ConnectX-2 Dual QSFP (QDR) Cards $6-$11.

Spotted this, 31 units of el cheapo but slightly less than standardly useful QSFP QDR Cards. $6/ea with $15 shipping for 1 and $5 more for each other.
  16. forroden

AVAGO AFBR-83EDZ,100 GB Gigabit Ethernet MMF CXP $49 obo shipped

I thought I was having one of those exact days with all the discussion going on in this thread about qsfp cables and the like. Glad to see I'm not alone.
  17. forroden

AVAGO AFBR-83EDZ,100 GB Gigabit Ethernet MMF CXP $49 obo shipped

I'm not crazy right, but those are CXP transceivers in OP right? Which don't fit QSFP ports? In which case, no they probably wouldn't work in a Z9100. They might work in the S6100 with the CXP card, but as the Z9100 I was working with tossed a calf with HP branded Amphenol QSFP28 DACs and...
  18. forroden

Dell Force10 Z9000 32x 40GbE Switch $699 new OB

Beat to heck one but with AC. For the discerning individual who needs many, many ports.
  19. forroden

Canada Ebay bucks now in Canada

Huh, weird, hadn't realized this wasn't publicly available. They apparently emailed me back in August last year to let me know that it was available in Canada now. Guess that explains the Beta logos everywhere. Weirder still, I just went back through my emails looking to see if I could find out...