Search results

1. Socrates

[Solved] NIC for SuperMicro X9DRI-LN4F+ motherboard

Cool thanks so much!! Your advice was of big help. Just ordered two cards for two different servers.
  2. Socrates

Great thanks so so much!! The last question i have is, do i need to disable the onboard NIC through BIOS after i install the new card? I use the IPMI to turn to goggle the power and that is connected through the onboard NIC. Can i connect both the ethernet ports both onboard for IPMI and through...
  3. Socrates

Amazing thank you so so much. Will a used one something like this be fine? [removed] They have sold over 800 used units, looks like legit. I have just one more question after this if u dont mind.
  4. Socrates

Thanks I think the 82599ES is spf+ port. I need a rj45 based ethernet ports. What equivalent card be for that?
  5. Socrates

My ISP upgraded my internet to 2gig speed, my MB is SuperMicro X9DRI-LN4F+ has a 1000Mb card. What SuperMicro NIC should i get that will work with this MB? I see 10gb NIC from 29 dollars all the way to 300 dollars on ebay, not sure what to get.
  6. Socrates

Need your opinion on the Western Digital HSMR drives for Raid Storage.

Are these Western Digital HSRM drives Enterprise Grade? How is the performance and reliability on this one? Will they be good for RAID storage using TrueNAS?
  7. Socrates

Need help with Cable Management in my rack in Houston area.

I have recently moved from Chicago to Houston, and have setup a server room, and setup my rack in it. There are cables dropping from the ceiling and ethernet cables everywhere hanging over my rack. Need help with someone who is good with cable management in the Houston/suburbs of houston area...
  8. Socrates

What is a proper way to support/suspend cat cables in my drop ceiling?

I was late to the Bridal ring post, in the mean time, i brought the Runway Ladders for the Middle Atlantic rack, was cheap on ebay so i was able to snag one. I have a question though, how do i attach these ladders to the wall? I see there are ceiling mounting brackets such as this one, how does...
  9. Socrates

Wow thank you this is a lot of good information, just saw this when i was about to go and sleep, have to start early tomorrow (deployments at work), will reply back, and dont mind a few more questions tomorrow. :)
  10. Socrates

Thanks for your replies. I have been on the google trying to look up various terms, but i did not really know what keywords to search with. I did look up for data center ladder tray but they all turned out to be large data center setup. THis is for a home setup. What other keywords can i look up?
  11. Socrates

I have about 3 dozen cat6 cables dropping from the ceiling into the server room. This is a home setup, the cables drop right over the Server rack. And right now i have just tied the cables in the attic with a wood frame. I need to reduce the tension of the wires dropping into the server room. As...
  12. Socrates

Looking for a HDMI KVM switch for dual monitors, attached to 2 to 3 PC. Has to have real EDID

Can you lookup ur Tesmart KVM switch Model number and post it here, I will order the same one, looks like i am trying to achieve the same as you.
  13. Socrates

Looking for a HDMI KVM switch for dual monitors, attached to 2 to 3 PC. Has to have real EDID

I think the way simulated EDID works is if the devices like mouse, keyboard or monitors are or get disconnected the kvm switch will not pick up the disconnection, whereas a real edid based kvm switch gets real time connection info..
  14. Socrates

So i see several KVM switches sold on amazon and newegg, but they all have emulated EDID, i am looking for a DUal monitor KVM Switch preferably hdmi with Real EDID switching, so basically a corporate grade device.
  15. Socrates

WTB: SuperMicro 24 bay chassis.

PS. if you have it with the SAS2 or SAS3 with bay that is fine too.
  16. Socrates

WTB: SuperMicro 24 bay chassis.

I am just looking to replace my supermicro chassis, as i feel my case is really old, the older fans and all. I need a little bit newer model that was released in the past 6 or 7 years or under
  17. Socrates

Supermicro 4U fan fail, the server is on a loop rebooting at BIOS.

After a reboot one of my server wont come back online, and is constantly looping at the boot with Initializing 42 at display for a fraction of a second on the boot screen. After reading online i found there could be several issues like the CMOS battery, dead ram, bad fan etc. It turns out that...
  18. Socrates

WTB : Middle Atlantic 44U Rack server with side panels.

I am looking for a 44U middle atlantic rack with side panels. The server should be above 24". Mainly should be able take supermicro servers.
  19. Socrates

Make use of rear USB Port instead of onboard motherboard port for ESXi?

Thank you guys for your tips. I was able to disable the onboard USB drive and prioritze the rear(external) usb drive to be the first boot device.. this fixes my issue. thank you again.