Search results

1. C

USB3.2x2 10GbE adapters

As I noted under the answer to my superuser question (hi servethehome!) that answer is not quite satisfactory: benchmarks note over 8Gbps rather than 6Gbps. I rather believe the patents encumbering 10GbE made it uneconomical to do it. However, they expired last summer so I expect to see...
  2. C

NVMe adapter for 4 drives

You are looking for the JEYI iHyper M2X16. Amazon.com: JEYI iHyper M.2 PCIE3.0 X16 to 4X NVME Adapter Card PCIE3.0 GEN3 X16 to 4X NVME RAID Card PCI-E VROC Card: Computers & Accessories Also notable are the ANU24PE08 and ANU28PE16 cards both of which come with low profile brackets and despite...
  3. C

Cheap 1U PCIe M.2 Riser - why don't they exist?

GLOTRENDS Submarine I NVME Adapter, M.2 NVME to PCIE 3.0 X 4 Card it's cheating: the PCB is not long enough but the heatsink is. Also [USD 24.38] P16NM-01 self-card M 2 ssd pcie3 0 x4 x8 x16 full speed riser nvme - Wholesale from China online shopping | Buy asian products online from the best...
  4. C

Cheap 802.3bz switch or transciever?

Finally USB to 802.3bz adapters are available (2.5gbps at 50, 5gbps below 100 USD) I am wondering whether there are cheap solutions to switch 'em. Netgear has a few but even the GS110MX with only two multigig ports and eight gigabit is 200 USD. The cheapest multigig capable SFP+ transciever I...
  5. C

Bonding four plus one gbit/s connections?

I am looking at the Delock 62966 / IO Crest SY-HUB24047 this is a USB 3.0 to 4 x 1gbit/s Ethernet adapter, I believe they are Realtek RTL8153. The laptops are running Windows 10 Pro and they have a native Intel gigabit Ethernet to begin with. Would it be possible to create a 5gbit/s connection...
  6. C

2U PSU Help

I am very late to the party but FSP700-80WEPB is widely available (Amazon, etc) and it's Platinum.
  7. C

M28E1 shallower version?

The M28E1 is 200mm deep -- the 2.5" disks are only 100mm deep and the fan is 25mm tops. I wonder whether there is a similar 8-to-2 enclosure which is a) shallower b) actually manufactured now :)
  8. C

I am considering making a small (20L) SSI EEB capable tower case

There are a lot of factors -- there's no "better" option. Some of the priorities might include noise, cost, longer term maintenance and so forth.
  9. C

The Cerberus X is built with very different priorities and while it is possible it could accomodate a dual socket SSI EEB motherboard (305mm × 335mm is the max after all) the front PSU location would collide with socket #2 (and in general, with any motherboard longer than 271.5mm but there are...
  10. C

No, that's why I want to make one :D
  11. C

Cheap 1U PCIe M.2 Riser - why don't they exist?

That one is just 2280. The P16NM-01 v1.4 is available at P16NM-01自卡式 M.2 ssd pcie3.0 x4 x8 x16全速转接卡 nvme-淘宝网 and it claims only two in stock alas. Strangely this taobao proxy claims 79 in stock.
  12. C

With good airflow. Inspired by the Silverstone Fortress cases (and a little by the PS13). If this interests the esteemed forum members please head over to EATX / SSI EEB motherboard in SFF? A Fortress inspired case idea and let's chat.
  13. C

Supermicro SYS-E300-8D

I meant to use a video card which needs 1 PCIe slot but 2 PCIe slot covers because, well, it's a video card :) Low height, double wide.
  14. C

Supermicro UP 1U server with dual nvme advice

RAX XT10-1130V6-NVME you need to add a dual 10gbit card. Otherwise, as far as can I see, it ticks everything on your list and it's cheap E3 based -- even with the added cost of the 10gbit it's cheap. Very likely it's the X11SSL-nF motherboard in a 113MFAC2 chassis, both Supermicro. It's very...
  15. C

Supermicro SYS-E300-8D

I'm looking at this chassis -- even if not the entire pre-built machine -- I am planning on using an X11SSV-Q because it can be fed by 12V alone and an i5 7600T -- and then an 1050 Ti LP. I know, it's sacrilege but I am looking at modding the chassis a little. Could someone who has the chassis...
  16. C

Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

Does S2600CP4 support E5-2689 SR0L6 processor? does it have IPMI builtin or I'll need the RMM 4 module? you need to be careful with picking motherboards.
  17. C

Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

There are proxies. taobaofocus, yoybuy, bhiner... and then there's [GUIDE] How to order from Taobao from outside of China and WITHOUT an Agent • /r/FashionReps
  18. C

14" deep 4U case?

I saw the front access one, that's not a good fit for the planned usage (I plan to mount the thing vertically under the desk so the front will be blocked, not airtight but not enough space for cables). The 438 is 15", we have 15" findings already :) I have an Ikea desk with a metal skeleton and...
  19. C

14" deep 4U case?

X-Case X430L Ultra Short 300mm 4u Rackmount With USB 3 lol wut 11.8"?
  20. C

14" deep 4U case?

IPC has RPC-432 Short Depth 4U Rackmount Server Chassis Rack SSD Case Support 13" Add-on Cards hrm this is 15.25" but it has 120mm fans and SSI EEB support and is cheap. This might be the winner!