Search results

1. R

napp-it Windows Sharing Permissions

@gea Thanks so much for the reply! Sounds like my best approach is to setup ZFS shares avoiding nested shares for logical groupings, adjust Share Permissions using Windows Computer Management, and then utilize File and Folder Permissions to segregate out for specific users on the Sub Files and...
  2. R

napp-it Windows Sharing Permissions

I'm wanting to replace a Windows Server 2012 File Server with napp-it but am confused by how to set the permissions. I'm certainly not opposed to buying a pro extension but would like to be able to manage from within Windows as well. I mapped my domain user account to root and it is showing...
  3. R

Ready to switch to production - need advice

Thanks for the reply @gea. I setup as you described and it appears that the disk pool will be fine for the vm usage. When the optane arrives, I plan to replace the 3700 with it as the slog. In this case is it best to pass through the optane as described in the manual or better to just create...
  4. R

Ready to switch to production - need advice

I manage IT at a very small company and have primarily been using a napp-it AIO setup for backing up a managed Dell R620 VMWare 6.5 setup for the last 3 years. Everything has worked great and I'd like to now switch the current setup to a production napp-it AIO on vmware 6.5 u2 Current...