Search results

1. A

E3-1230v2 on X9SCM-F (w/ BIOS 2.0b)

Have you tried the IvyBridge in the motherboard with no RAM at all to see if you get the 5(?) beeps on POST? Can't remember if that function is a motherboard/chipset function or needs a CPU for it? I've usually also shorted out the contacts of the coin cell after removing it to clear the BIOS...
  2. A

FreeNAS for ZFS

I'm new to NAS and also ZFS. But learning fast. The freeNAS manual is actually a good read, it's written in a straight up style and somebody has done a good job on it. Re the configuration. ZFS has a sweet spot of 3-9 disks per virtual device (or vdev as ZFS calls them). The RAID calculator...
  3. A

Upgrade advise to make my server more power efficient

I've got a new build on the bench at the moment where power consumption has been bourne in mind right from the outset. I'll gladly post some power consumption figures for it when it's fully up and running. Some preliminaries for now. Design aim in order of priority: 1) Reliability 2) Ease...
  4. A

M1015 aka SAS9220-8i not found in BIOS - looks dead.

About to work my way through this http://brycv.com/blog/2012/flashing-it-firmware-to-lsi-sas9211-8i/ EDIT: Tried this by setting up the USB stick using FlashBootDOS and the relevent files, entering setup on the X9SCM-F, going the EXIT tab and selecting exit to UEFI shell. It comes back...
  5. A

M1015 aka SAS9220-8i not found in BIOS - looks dead.

Firstly thankyou for putting up the flashing details and surrounding information for the M1015 card. Having a good read of this and a couple of other sites made choosing a HBA for use in a FreeNAS system much easier. However.....:rolleyes: I bought a M1015 card off the great auction house in...