Search results

1. D

ZFS SLOG/ZIL drives in 2023

Didn't even realize these existed -- talk about the perfect SLOG device. Just picked up two - they're running exactly in the price range you outlined. Thank you for sharing. Product Info: RMS-200 : Edge Card RMS-200 - Radian Memory Systems (DDR3) RMS-300 : Edge Card - RMS-300 - Radian Memory...
  2. D

REQUEST: Suggestion for MiniPC w/4xLAN + >8 threads

Couple of Maybe options: * https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805149128504.html * https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805273033229.html
  3. D

REQUEST: Suggestion for MiniPC w/4xLAN + >8 threads

So I'm looking with great interest at the Beelink 12/pro/etc series STH has been reviewing, and while I find the P+E cores *really* close to where I want to be, for a virtualization env, i still want to keep storage and VM's on separate interfaces. With proper redundancy, that requires (4)...
  4. D

CWWK i5-1235U 6 port i226 report

Sweet didn't realize that- enough for a mirror set.. time to plan a summer project then. :)
  5. D

SRX300 Firmware

There were a couple of big CVE's this year in the SRX world - make sure you're running latest recommended - and good call to check hashes against the official download sites..
  6. D

CWWK i5-1235U 6 port i226 report

Was thinking these would make a *great* pmx-cluster, when combined with some sort of external storage. * 2 x gig-e - mgmt * 2 x gig-e - VM vlans * 2 x gig-e - storage layer only wish they could run dual internal nvme so you could run a raidZ mirror for OS/boot.
  7. D

ZFSonLinux (aka ZoL) now at version 0.7 - big update imo

Any idea when we're going to see encryption in ZoL?
  8. D

Proxmox ZFS RAM reservation/config

From a performance standpoint, you want to give ZFS ARC about as much RAM as you can spare. I generally plan for 50% of the installed system ram reserved. root@pmx:~# more /etc/modprobe.d/zfs.conf #32G #options zfs zfs_arc_max=34359738368 #64G options zfs zfs_arc_max=68719476736 here's my...
  9. D

Ideal Plex Setup with Proxmox/LXC/Docker/KVM?

That's close to what I've done since Proxmox in 1.x days. Ran openVZ, have since migrated to LXC. Originally ran ARECA raid6 cards, then moved to zfs4linux. Proxmox manages all drives via ZFS. proxmox boots from zfs-mirrored 500G drives (12) drives in RaidZ3, 2 enterprise SSD for slog/l2arc...
  10. D

pfSense - Multiple Adapters with Multiple Subnets with Multiple Gateways

So what I'm doing is more like your original subject, than what your explanation turned out to be.. but I figured I'd share anyway. INTERFACES: ISP1->INTERFACE ISP2->INTERFACE PARENT LAN->INTERFACE KID LAN ->INTERFACE GATEWAYS: ISP1 ISP2 GATEWAY GROUPS: LOADBALANCE: ISP1 - tier1, ISP2 - tier1...