Search results

1. S

ICX7150 for repair?

Oh cool. I'll give that one a try (once it gets back in stock).
  2. S

ICX7150 for repair?

I've had all three of my SL PSUs die now. Looking to maybe convert this to an external supply. I have a good source of 54v external PSUs with the 4-pin "Power DIN" connector. Does anyone know of a power DIN socket that would mount in place of the existing power connector? I wonder if there is...
  3. S

HP ProLiant DL380 iLO4 NAND Flash

Yeah - I think you may have other issues then. Out of 25-30 DL360 and DL380 gen8s most have failed NAND and they've remained perfectly functional. Even the iLO logs retain over power cycles so I don't think it uses that NAND chip for that.
  4. S

HP ProLiant DL380 iLO4 NAND Flash

I think this is a cool project!! That being said...... I've encountered a lot of these systems. There was a bug in the older iLO code which prematurely wore out the NAND. However, it's my understanding that the NAND is only used for the Intelligent Provisioning. I don't think I've ever used...
  5. S

Reducing idle and standby power consumption on H12SSL-NT: disable NIC(s)?

I’ve found that having a keyboard and monitor plugged in will sometimes draw 10-12 watts.
  6. S

[US-OH][FS:] HP SL4540 gen8 - Two-Node - 120TB LFF

I really appreciate the constructive advice. Thank you. I'd be willing to sell the chassis and drives separately and I would also be willing to drive a few hundred miles to deliver/meet. I'll update the OP.. Also, price lowered to $1995!! ;) I need these gone.
  7. S

Bump! Willing to entertain reasonable offers!!
  8. S

So, given storage still seems to be a hot topic the important question here is.... Who is going to buy my servers? :cool: Riley
  9. S

Out of curiosity, what was the scam? I see talk of a good portion being pre-mined. Is that it?
  10. S

ICX7150 for repair?

Has anyone had success with another PSU? The external brick idea would be cool - just need to find the correct plug and internal wiring..
  11. S

ICX7150 for repair?

So, I just ran into this as well - one of my units with the replacement SL power supply just "died" after about a year of usage. I opened it up and the PSU has 0v on the output. No smells or other evidence of failure.. Riley
  12. S

They were Exchange servers running Server 2012. Never skipped a beat.
  13. S

Something a bit different.. HP P/N: 663600-B22 I have a couple of these systems for sale.. Here's the info: HP ProLiant SL4540 Gen8 Server - Overview (hpe.com) QuickSpecs: HP ProLiant SL4540 Generation 8 (Gen8) Server (hpe.com) StorageReview: HP’s ProLiant SL4500 Gen8 Features Modular Big...
  14. S

64GB INNODISK SATADOM - $15

If you end-up with any of the 3IE3 and 3ME you absolutely need to make sure that they are running the latest firmware. A number of the major vendors, which use these as boot disks for their HCI nodes (Nutanix, Dell, etc.) have issued priority firmware updates. They might suddenly drop-off on...
  15. S

HPE D3XXX JBOD Thread

Well, I've been tinkering with this on and off. I've pretty-much given up on trying to hack the firmware or find a secret fan command. So, I'm going to do the next best thing and build my own fan controller. This is my first foray into makerspace on this level so it will be interesting and FUN...
  16. S

HP 3Par StoreServ 20000 12-Bay LFF 12Gbps Enclosure - $195

The D3600/D3610 (LFF) and D3700/3710 (SFF) use the smart carriers like the G8/9/10 servers. These units show as D3650 (LFF) and D3750 (SFF) and do not physically accept the smart carriers. They won’t fit (I tried). They use the carriers for the lower end and Apollo servers. Like these: New...
  17. S

HPE D3XXX JBOD Thread

Have done some more prodding and investigating. I ended-up moving from Free/TrueNAS to Ubuntu 20.04. This machine is totally HP (DL380 Gen9) and I'm using HP cards (H240ar in HBA mode and H241 HBA to the D3600s). FreeBSD still relies on the old csiss driver which just gives very basic support...
  18. S

HP ML350p fan speed

I would think that the “optimal cooling” option would make the fans run faster. Do you have a “balanced” option? Also, 50C is fairly warm for a spinning disk. Do you have all your empty bays filled with blanks? Only some drives make the fans spin to 100%. I’ve had HGST, Micron, Samsung SSDs...
  19. S

HPE D3XXX JBOD Thread

So I've been running a couple of these for a few weeks and they've been *great* - except they are a bit loud. I've been researching ways of bringing down the noise and the (18) Fun with an MD1200/MD1220 & SC200/SC220 | ServeTheHome Forums thread has inspired me to look for ways *other* than...