Search results

1. L

ICX7150 for repair?

I for sure broke the clip on one of the new ones and simply salvaged it from the old PSU and pressed it on. So if you can get the clips off the old PSUs cleanly, then you can worry less about breaking the new clips.
  2. L

ICX7150 for repair?

I seem to recall that I just used a flat tip screw driver and maybe pliers to pull the hold down clip off the PSU and reverse it so the pins and the latch were properly lined up.
  3. L

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Does boot secondary not work?
  4. L

A previous user in this thread straight had it failing to boot. 9.0.10 is alpha quality at best it seems. Edit, and here it is, previous page: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/brocade-icx-series-cheap-powerful-10gbe-40gbe-switching.21107/post-338714
  5. L

I doubt you’ll get an unmanaged switch working. Static LAG still requires the other switch to be aware of what’s happening. Unless that Qnap is a smart or partially managed switch. As far as footage offload, would this be multiple streams or single stream? The single stream speed over a LAG is...
  6. L

Multi Strand Fiber Wiring Help Between Two Buildings

The MTP you listed is standard plenum-rated, not armored. Conduit should go below the frost line if at all possible. Here's their armored multifiber cable: Military-Grade Fiber Optic Patch Cable 1-24 Fibers - FS Rated for -40 to 80 C. The standard MTP is rated only down to -10 C. Doing the...
  7. L

Multi Strand Fiber Wiring Help Between Two Buildings

You might be able to save some money using keystones and a fanout multistrand cable: 8 Fibers SMF Indoor Multifiber Pre-Terminated Cable - FS
  8. L

Arista .swi Firmware Checksums

Files courtesy of another forum member, names were scrambled so I might have mixed them up in the rename: Algorithm Hash Path --------- ---- ---- MD5...
  9. L

The extremely simple set-it-and-forget-it local MS compatible DNS server?

I can't think of anything, other than updating PiHole and trying to do some of the encrypted DNS stuff that requires me to use the CLI. Install on a supported OS is braindead simple: curl -sSL https://install.pi-hole.net | bash Updating is also easy: pihole -up Pihole update can include the...
  10. L

I haven't the foggiest what might be causing the difference; I haven't taken down my switch to update it yet, still running 4.25.3. The on flash file size for 4.25.3 matches my archived copy. The date stamp on yours is a day newer than in mine, and the timestamp itself is different enough to not...
  11. L

SHA256 986F77659B9443D6C8EE26400EE8E05D268341A00C1317E9FB826549FD616014
  12. L

From files provided to me by a member here (4.25.3M was copied off the switch when I received it): Algorithm Hash File --------- ---- ---- MD5...
  13. L

You would potentially have two DHCP servers in the same broadcast domain (VLAN 100) so devices could get the wrong subnet. Use dual-mode as indicated by Lone Wolf so that devices with no tagging get put in the default VLAN.
  14. L

EXPIRED $279:Oracle F320 (3.2TB) AIC

My drives also had those test labels on them. Your SMART results pretty much mirror mine. These drives were powered on for years and only very lightly used (or they just have that much endurance, or both).
  15. L

EXPIRED $279:Oracle F320 (3.2TB) AIC

Just got the two I ordered. Booting these in a desktop tower for testing and not my server, so the temps are higher than they will be in service. I can see the discoloration on the heatsinks over where the capacitors are. These things appear to get quite toasty. First one: NVME: Node...
  16. L

That Netgear does appear to have support for VLANs, so either it was configured once upon a time, or it can optionally ignore tags, which wouldn't surprise me on a consumer or 'prosumer' switch. Enterprise switches tend to be far stricter about such things. In Brocade syntax (this may be...
  17. L

What model was the Netgear you previously had? If it wasn't VLAN aware (unmanaged) and the TV equipment is using VLAN tags, the unmanaged switch will happily pass the traffic. The unconfigured ports on the 6450 just default to untagged VLAN 1; if the Freebox packets are VLAN tagged, the switch...
  18. L

Can you provide the output of 'show run'? You can wrap it in spoiler and code tags so it keeps formatting and is collapsed by default on page load.
  19. L

Back to the drawing board...Router & AP(s) for Home Network

Fry's was fine until the kickback scheme (which triggered a number of supplier lawsuits), the attempted move to consignment model, and they were very late to the selling online game. They never really seemed to recover from that and got real aggressive putting the floor workers on commission and...
  20. L

Connecting 6610 uplink port to router

Have you followed the setup guides from https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/brocade-icx-series-cheap-powerful-10gbe-40gbe-switching.21107/ thread? My top two picks for the issue would be licensing and port speed/duplex wrong. IIRC, after licensing the 6610, you still have to set...