Search results

1. G

LSI 9300-8E - Prototype model firmware issue

So I got ahold of a LSI 9300-8E card last year. i finally have a motherboard that can boot with it but after boot the hard drives are not being found/populated. It works just fine with a sas2 external card. I've tried going through and flashing any of the available P1-P14 firmwares of the lsi...
  2. G

Storj or Sia - sharing free hd space for $?

Has anyone been doing this? seems like not a bad way to lease out extra space per month. sia appears to be $2.50 per tb per per month and storj im not sure of but pays more with current prices. Even at $2.50 per month, that pays off a drive in 14 month Edit: can this be moved to software. that...
  3. G

EnhanceIO - SSD cacheing with benchmarks

I'm in the process of setting up EnhanceIO ( GitHub - stec-inc/EnhanceIO: EnhanceIO Open Source for Linux ) for Debian/OpenMediaVault to use ssd cache for my download/temp/work pool of drives. Just wondering if anyone else has used it. There really isn't many reviews by users online about it but...
  4. G

Updated: Krypton Plex Server - Open Compute Node - HGST 4U60 added

Build’s Name: Krypton - Plex Server Updated Operating System/ Storage Platform: Debian 64 bit - OpenMediaVault 3.0 CPU: Dual E5-2650L (for power savings) originally Dual E5-2670 Motherboard: Quanta Windmill Open Compute Node Storage Chassis: HGST 4U60 G1 version Drives: sytem raid 1 Intel 3500...
  5. G

10gbit fiber with wall plate run question

10g fiber SFP+ adapters: mellanox connectx2 en - 2 of them Chelsio T422-cr Possible switches to be purchased in future: Dell X1052 or D-Link DGS-1510-28X To preface i'm just a hobbyist and this is my first foray into fiber. Hence the questions. Server rack in basement wiring area Distances...
  6. G

Do Mellanox x2/x3 10gbit sfp cards work with Sophos?

I can't find the information anywhere, but do Mellanox x2/x3 en cards work with Sophos UTM/XG? I pulled their hardware compatibility list and it had: "MT25400 Family [ConnectX-2 Virtual Function] by Mellanox Technologies" 2 "0x1002 driver mlx4_core" "MT27500 Family [ConnectX-3] by Mellanox...
  7. G

Server Rack: HP 10642 G1, Can it use G2 panels?

I'm missing one of my side panels for a HP 10642 G1 server rack. The G2 rack has 3 piece side panels vs the 1 piece with the G1. Does anyone know if I can use the G2 kit or easily convert to using G2s as I can't find a right side panel for it? They are mostly identical racks. Thought maybe...