Search results

1. J

Any idea when well get a Denverton successor?

No to having to shill AMD with your every breath, i know any argument i make will result in you moving the bar to make AMD look better. In case you're actually serious. The C3758/3958 smokes any other x86 CPU in that power bracket, all the while only taking~40w for the whole system including...
  2. J

Any idea when well get a Denverton successor?

I've been wanting a Denverton board for my NAS for a while now, but the 16 core option seemed kinda crazy priced. I was hoping for a new series to offer more cores at the top end, causing the price of the 16 core to come down to a more reasonable amount. But its been almost two years now...
  3. J

Ultimate Home Data Center

Guess you're not from Texas
  4. J

(US) 90 dollar Wyse 5070 Thin client/mini-server?

He said 2 lanes up and 2 lanes down is 4x, it is actually 2x.
  5. J

(US) 90 dollar Wyse 5070 Thin client/mini-server?

Kinda an old comment, but no. PCI-E is Full Duplex, a 1x lane has two data transfer pairs four data lines total. 2.0 x 1x will give you 500MB/s in both directions at the same time.
  6. J

FS: Dell Wyse 5070 J5005 with SFP 2nd NIC

Is that nic hooked up to an m.2?
  7. J

Could anyone here help me get the bios for an S9300x2

I want to mod my fury so that the MxGPU drivers detect it as an s9300 and allow me to use GPU virtualization. I'm pretty sure it just checks for the PCI sub device ID, but I haven't been able to find the file in ESXI where the GPUs are white listed.
  8. J

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Just FYI, the stock fan has the pinout changed. That might be why swapping the fan results in an fan failure status.
  9. J

Yeah, I meant a gateway to handle NAT.
  10. J

So is there something similar to these switches in the routing department?