Search results for query: 7250 make console cable

1. D

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

you're right, removed my posts so nobody gets confused in the future.
  2. fohdeesha

nope. the USB console port on the 7250 is NOT a usb connection. It's RS232 serial over a usb connector. You will fry it trying to plug it directly into a computer's USB port or any of these USB adapters. This is the ONLY console cable that will work (unless you make your own), I dunno how many...
  3. D

Doesn't the 7250 have a JR45 console port on the front ? If so just use a standard blue cisco cable and a USB-DB9 adapter. ( make sure you get a decent one though )
  4. I

here's a start. US eBay search I know its a long thread but you can find interesting results using STH search In particular if you have in your spare parts bin a USB A Female cable that you can sacrifice and a keystone jack plus a 110 punch tool (or are careful with a makeshift 110 tool e.g...
  5. S

Ooooo... thanks for the heads up. That’s pretty annoying they did that. I’ve done some quick looking for a pinout but haven’t seen anything. I have a bunch of mini-USBs I could hack and put an 8P8C/RJ45 keystone there to make it work with my standard console cable. Riley
  6. R

Are these not compatible with the newer Cisco ones? I thought they were. https://www.amazon.com/Compatible-Console-mini-B-Connectors-CAB-CONSOLE-USB/dp/B06XFKJVJ2
  7. C

Now have a 7250 arriving tomorrow...and of course, the totally custom console cable won't arrive until Monday when I'll running off to airports for the holidays. I've read all 138 pages of this and my understanding is that I can't plug a mini-USB to male DB9 serial cable into a female DB9 to USB...
  8. T

I have a very basic question for you experienced people... it's taken me a damn year but I finally am brave enough to switch over to a pfSense dedicated box; and making VLANs. A friend and I both picked up Brocade 7250, a Ruckus r510 AP; and a dedicated PC for pfsense. Home network. 1. if...
  9. D

on second glance i saw you mentioned you had the 6450 (rj45 console), not 7250 ("usb" console), so disregard the comments on needing the custom cable. a couple things of note, these switches take a small eternity to boot so you may just need to wait longer. the older images seem to have less...
  10. I

hit b a bunch of times in the first 5-10 seconds of booting not just when you connect the power. Make sure your console settings are 9600 8-none-1-none. The no flow control is important.
  11. W

The cable people are referring to in this thread is for the 7250/7450 switches. The 6610 and 6450/6430 switches all use a standard RJ45 serial port. That said, the way you would use the cable is to plug the mini-USB port into the switch, then the RJ45 into the adapter, then the adapter into your...
  12. M

[FS][US-CA] Brocade ICX7250-48P Switch

Hello, I am selling a Brocade ICX 7250-48P switch. The switch includes rack ears, a power cable, and a console cable (not stock). I just replaced the fans this week (FFB0412SHN-F00) and everything works on the switch including POE. Only downside is I lost two of the case screws. I left the...
  13. A

Hi S!rius, I had to make the same sort of cable for mine, and can perhaps shed some light. First off, unless your Cisco cable uses different colors than mine, those are not the right pins. Here's the mapping I've used (successfully): Green (Cisco) -> White (USB) Yellow (Cisco) -> Blue (USB)...
  14. R

EXPIRED Brocade ICX7250-48P ($105/ea OBO + Reasonable Shipping)

Seems like a pretty great deal: https://www.ebay.com/itm/145641344482 I've purchased a few 7250-48Ps over the past few years and this is the lowest I've seen yet. Check out all the information in the Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching) thread by @fohdeesha for...
  15. M

I have a USB->rollover into a keystone with the mini-B's green on pin 3, white on pin 6 and black on pin 5. Have checked putty on windows and a linux machine and nothing at all on either. I'm beginning to think someone may have blown up the console port previously. I'm going to order a...
  16. S

Huge thanks to @fohdeesha and everybody else making great contributions to this thread. I started out in the sub-$550 10G switch thread, and ended up over here looking for my unicorn. In my case, I've gone with the ICX-7250-24P model. Perfect for my upcoming network project at a home. Picked it...
  17. O

DIY Mini-USB Serial Dongle

I recently acquired a Brocade 7250 switch and needed a serial cable for it, but didn't feel like spending $35 or more on a the cable kits I could find on eBay when I knew i could make my own for about $5. Also, all of the kits I found actually required you to go mini-USB to male RJ45 to DB9...
  18. T

[Solved] One way routing through VLANs and L3 switches - Brocade ICX7150

Hi all. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I'm a hardware guy trying to get into a software world. So this may or may not be a super easy fix. I currently run a flat network, 192.168.0.0/24, which I am working to replace entirely with a vlan'd up network, coming soon when my other...
  19. H

Hello, Sooooo... I received my new switch, from a different seller, reconfigured it and... Same behavior. The error after Parsing Config Data is gone, but I tried: Breakout to HP 530SFP+ on FreeNAS: Link goes up/down like crazy on the logs, no traffic flows Breakout to HP 530SFP+ on ESXI 6.7...