Search results

1. O

APC NetShelter CX 24U on home power outlet?

The big exceptions to be careful with here (that doesn't apply to the OP, yet) are devices with undervoltage / overvoltage protection like UPS and ATS/STS. Generally they are set up for one 'nominal voltage' and can only be configured a few percent from that number. You also want to be a...
  2. O

Eaton EMA111-10 $77+shipping

PDUs like this don't usually offer surge suppression or any form of power filtration, and I don't see any indication this does either. These are really intended for use downstream of a UPS.
  3. O

18TB HGST Ultrastar 550 $348

If you're going to buy a bunch to keep on a shelf, think about the value of the money you'll have locked up sitting there and if it's worth, basically, throwing the money in a savings account (or doing anything else with it) instead. It's a gamble but in a sane world (the last year or two, not...
  4. O

Cisco Catalyst 2960L - Is it dead? (Yes)

You're assuming the IC is the only faulted component. ICs generally don't fry themselves, especially if they weren't hot enough to justify heatsinks in the first place, without other components frying as well.
  5. O

Patrick's 2021 Fiber Build-out

When're we getting to POEs and OSP fiber transitions?
  6. O

5019D-FN8TP-X11SDV-4C-TP8F New in Box $500

I spent not much less than this on just the motherboard a few months ago and thought I got a good deal.
  7. O

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

That did the trick, thanks, I knew it was something dumb. Is this just a thing some devices do automatically and some don't? The Mikrotik didn't seem to care.
  8. O

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

So I have a dumb question: I picked up an ICX7150-C12P. I'm not doing anything fancy with it, I just needed POE + at least one SFP+ port + complete silence, so I followed Fodeesha's startup guide but then flashed the latest L2 firmware on it. The license from Fodeesha's instructions still...
  9. O

9100F

The 9100F is priced high because it's not the current model and new stock is exhausted. The 10100F is the current equivalent model and seems to be available for about$97$ MSRP, or you can get a regular 10100. At a glance, there are plenty of available 10th gen chips that are better bargains...