Search results

1. V

Tiny/Mini/Micro PC experiences

There is now12 gen "New OptiPlex 3000/5000/7000 Micro", limited to 35W based on description, super expensive.
  2. V

Converting an HP DL380e Gen8 14xLFF Server to a Disk Shelf

Can you please measure depth of the 12 LFF cage? I initially planned SFF cage to install in teleco rack, but LFF looks so hoardy...
  3. V

Supermicro B1SA4-2750F blade with 4 Atom C2750

Hi, anyone was even encounter microblades from supermicro? I really like passive cooling, IPMI and four 8 core cpus (very slow, but still goot enough for docker) with 16 gb ECC DDR3 sodimms each for a half size of ATX motherboard. Manual is here Boards can be bought on ebay for 200 usd. SATA...
  4. V

UK HP MicroServer G7 N54L / 4GB ( servero.co.uk ) £69

I think it might be "not enough power" issue, try another molex connector from the PSU or replace the PSU, I recall something like this with LTO drives when they can't pull enough power from 12v. I think I just lucky with GREENs drives and low power SAS adapter.
  5. V

Cheap chinese x79 mobos

Every motherboard can use UEFI, via coreboot for example. All Chinese X79 motherboards have UEFI APTIO 4 firmware. What do you need it for? NVME boot?
  6. V

ES Xeon Discussion

It is 50-70 usd for retail version now. Hope LGA 3647 finals become available in a year with similar prices.
  7. V

Low-cost, Lowest Power Windows PC

MeLE Quieter2 - cheap, j4125 4 core, 8 gb and 128 gb eMMC onboard, support m2 nvme, dual HDMI 2.0, 10w under load. Cpu is old, but I wish anything with Elkhart Lake will be available.
  8. V

Tiny/Mini/Micro PC experiences

Anyone know if HP Thunderbolt 3.0 Flex IO v2 1E8A4AA is compatible with anything else than super expensive HP 600/800 micro? Can I install it on 300 series or even dell or lenovo?
  9. V

ES Xeon Discussion

Hi guys, anyone had a pair of ql1m working together?
  10. V

POWEREDGE C6320 Node 150-200 usd

I bought one of these for 50 usd I believe. It still laying on the shelf. It will be royal pain to make it work, even to power on. Every connector is proprietary, not a single management port or standard PCIe exposed. I recall I have found part numbers and pinouts on OCP site but you have to...
  11. V

NAS build advice 2021/2022

I'm planing another waste of money and time endeavor for multi 10 GbE router/NAS using this dirt cheap chinese LGA 2011 mining motherboard. It is look ugly but have five x8 (x16 mechanical) slots that should be directly attached to the CPU. 40 lines of pcie 3.0 in total in 80 USD motherboard...
  12. V

Motherboard with support for DDR3 SO-DIMM Registered

Ok, after 6 years, can anyone know if something except supermicro A1SRI series has support for this unique useless modules? I have 3 of them and I can't find only dead or expensive (200 usd+) supermicros. And yes, chinese DIMM adapters are not working, I tried.
  13. V

Cheap 8+ ports sfp+ - low noise

Interface seems to be chinese only
  14. V

i9-7980XE $426USD

Well if Linus made a link for a deal, it is a out of stock deal. Seller already rised the price, but it is still decent. https://www.ebay.com/itm/174513388333?hash=item28a1cefb2d:g:qLEAAOSw2CBfrUuH If only I bought 2066 when motherboards cost dirt cheap... LGA 3647 has much lower clocks and...
  15. V

Sun F40/F80 to Seagate WarpDrive firmware (RAID Mode)

I hope you got it working last year ;) Warning can be ignored, seem to go with newer version of the utility. I successfully converted several F40 and F80 drives. There is a video explanation now on Youtube, google for Craft Computing F80 with ready to use files. Sadly, still can't reduce or...
  16. V

ServeRAID H1110 SAS/SATA Controller for System x. It is the most compact HBA I could find. It is really cheap on ebay. Back then I bought it for 40 usd of something. Aslo you need a short minisas to SAS cable, like this. You also need a riser. I use 4x one, that cut to fit 1x. You can go...
  17. V

It is HP StorageWorks Ultrium 3000 SAS
  18. V

Yes, sorry, actually I dropped USB 3.1 card and installed serveraid h1110 on the riser. So only two cards. 200 Mbs is just enough speed for LTO. The thing is I tried to use riser on RAC slot but Microserver not let me to power on. I thought may be riser the fault and even cut a notch from the...
  19. V

It's capacity is amazing, i have LTO5 drive, 4 regular drives and 2.5 drive all 4Tb, three 200 Gb SAS SSDs , 10gbe card, USB 3.1 adapter and SAS HBA in pci-e x4 and Windows 2012 R2 storage spaces as backup server, works for 5 years without any issues. I even had eSATA case with another 5 drives...
  20. V

Canada [NEW LOT] ASROCK X7P-MB REV. 1.02 LGA3647 FPGA C626 SR3HH

Should be regular Xeon, because of C62x chipset, and Phi has C61x chipset. You just need to mount narrow cooler on it. Of course I might be wrong.