Search results

1. S

HGST Ultrastar He10 - 10TB @ $129.95

Yep, I'll give that a shot. In the meantime, I'll also go through a full burn-in test (smart short/long tests and bad blocks) on these drives on a separate system just to be sure. Thanks
  2. S

All three drives have the same seek error rate too high. No smart errors reported prior to resilvering. === START OF INFORMATION SECTION === Vendor: HGST Product: HUH721010AL42C0 Revision: A38K Compliance: SPC-4 User Capacity...
  3. S

Truenas 12-U7 | Supermicro X9DRD-7lN4F in a CSE-825TQ-R740LPBB. (2) Xeon E5-2630 64GB Ram. Using onboard SAS2. 2 pools. Tank1: 4(8tb), ashift=12, 2 vdev mirror/stripe. Tank2: 4(4tb) 512e, ashift=12, 1 vdev Z2 I'll update Truenas tonight. I'm currently swapping disks for Tank2 which is the 4...
  4. S

And now a third??? I'm starting to think it might not be the drives. So far, I have 3 drives from a batch of 10 giving me a "FIRMWARE IMPENDING FAILURE SEEK ERROR RATE TOO HIGH" during resilvering. Thats too much of a coincidence to me. I got another 3 so far operating fine without errors and...
  5. S

ugh... I just got 2 with smart imminent failures in a row and 3 ok. Time for RMA...
  6. S

Backups and Chia plotting come to mind. Guess Chia it isn't.
  7. S

Oh crap!.... I Don't need more. I Don't need more. I Don't need more. I Don't need more... ARGH! In for 4 more...
  8. S

Crazy 1TB SATA SSD Prices On eBay ~$30 for 1TB SSD

Looks like a scam to me: I bought a $30, 21TB SSDs From Wish.com and Got A Sophisticated Scam Instead - YouTube According to the pictures in the listing, they're solivid drives, not Solid State Drives :rolleyes: Looking at the rest of the seller listings is funny. All 1tb SSDs with pictures of...
  9. S

15$ Dell Wyse 5060 Thin Client

I'll take a few!
  10. S

14 TB WD Easystore $200 @BestBuy

Too bad about the coupon, I was hoping to get some more later. Bought 3 of them with the 15% coupon. Just finished testing, chucking, and installing them last night. Got 5 total in a ZFS Z2 array. About the chucked adapters, they've worked for pretty much any drive I've put in them. The...
  11. S

18TB HGST Ultrastar 550 $348

As Samir mentioned, if you fully test them prior to storing them, I can't really see them experiencing issues being stored for two years. Mine were stored between six and seven years and of various ages. I always store them horizontally.
  12. S

I think it does matter. All my drives were in good working condition when they were stored in the cabinet. After letting them sit for a couple of years, some exhibited issues regardless of if they had data or not. One of these only had about two thousand hours of use. I believe it is possible...
  13. S

I usually do leave various spares on hand at work in case they're needed, but only after verifying the drives are healthy and never beyond their warrantied date. They usually get used before that happens though. Personal unscientific experience for me at home though: I have a moderate number...
  14. S

Nope, got all three coupons in one transaction and redeemed two in one purchase. Never left the store.
  15. S

Yep, I know what you mean. But when you get to a point where you have your own personal musem of hundreds of drives with a variety of interfaces, sizes, makes and models, you have no choice but to recycle them at some point. For most of my drives I do a full run of badblocks on my drives before...
  16. S

Thanks for the tip. I took 3 drives in to recycle and got 3 coupons. Bought 2 drives and used two of the coupons without issue. Still have a third one waiting to be used :D
  17. S

64GB INNODISK SATADOM - $15

Got mine yesterday. Came clean in antistatic bag, but in a very lightly padded envelope. Would've preferred it was in a small box. Time to run some tests.
  18. S

64GB INNODISK SATADOM - $15

Those are 12V. You would need 5V connectors.
  19. S

EXPIRED 817753 B21HPB HPE Ethernet-10-25Gb-2-port-640SFP28-Adapter $9.99 - Sold Out

Sure looks like there was sudden urge for those brackets :oops: The high profile brackets are still sold out and there's only 10 left of the low profile. There's gonna be a lot of unsatisfied customers.
  20. S

EXPIRED 817753 B21HPB HPE Ethernet-10-25Gb-2-port-640SFP28-Adapter $9.99 - Sold Out

Oh well, canceling my order. Edit: Yep, it was just the bracket. Got my order canceled and ask them if they could update the description since it's very confusing.