Search results

1. P

ESXi 7 - VLAN passthrough / Strange vNIC assignement behavior

Dear forum, I am running an ESXi7 installation (latest update 7.0.1c is installed). My first topic is: I installed a opnsense router/firewall in a guest VM. First, i tried to config this guest with three virtual NIC/vmxnet 3 adapters. The first vNIC is linked to a physical 1Gbit-Intel-NIC for...
  2. P

Intel Optane P4801X 100GB (U.2 or M.2, maybe with adapter) as ZFS log

I would like to buy a log device for my ZFS-filer, so the drive of choice should have power loss protection, high iops rate, low latency. I think Intel Optane P4801X series with 100GB is a good choice for my needs. This drives are available in U.2 and M.2. Does anybody have experiences with...
  3. P

Looking for help to choose the right HBA

Hello forum, i am running esxi and a ZFS-based NAS-system as guest on my new homeserver. I start to understand why it might be the better solution to install a extra HBA instead of using RDM with the onboard SATA-controllers. Would be very happy if you guys could help me to chose the right HBA...
  4. P

Whats the most comfortable way to unlock encrypted ZFS ?

Hey guys, i am planning to use a ZFS based file system in the near future. At the moment, i am testing TrueNas and Napp-IT (recommendations for other good ZFS-base NAS-OSs are warmly welcome :-) ). What i mentioned is, that unlocking of encrypted filesystems is not very comfortable. Is there...
  5. P

Yet another ASRock Rack X570D4U-2L2T build ( for ESXi and NAS-usage )

Hey guys, first of all, i want to say thanks to servethehome and hardwareluxx for theire reviews about this board. Also thanks to @Shadowsong for another thread about a x570d4u-2l2t-build (and of course thanks to all contributors). :) I also want to share my build, which is my first Homeserver...