Search results

1. A

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

Did you buy it? The seller just offered me a ~$50 discount and it looks like one disappeared.
  2. A

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

I'm probably going to waste my money buying this to test in a h12ssli board now. Thanks.
  3. A

FS: AMD Epyc 7001/7002 stuff & SAS/DAC Cables

I haven't run prime95 but I could try it. They're currently running BOINC on linux but I could put windows on temporarily and try. I just meant that there's no instability, but they're not as fast as a retail version without overclocking or something.
  4. A

DIY Epyc Build

"Worst case would be some undocumented and changed pinout of an otherwhise identical adapter that then fries your system." Hmm... that sounds safe enough! Yeah, I've been trying to track down the backplane adapters online. It looks like that's what goes from the motherboard to the PSU that...
  5. A

If you have it I can give it a shot. I think I tried the dos reset method already though and it was failing for some reason.
  6. A

I'm new here so assuming you have good history/feedback I'll ship first and accept payment via paypal/crypto/etc. once you receive everything in good working order. Also willing to trade for Epyc Milan stuff. CPUs: AMD EPYC 7551P - $200 One available, works fine. AMD Epyc 7601...
  7. A

WTS GFX Cards (Mining Rigs)

Is this the same guy? https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/169125/joshua-prout-is-at-it-agian
  8. A

DIY Epyc Build

I'm working on building an epyc server for a co-location. Originally I was planning on a single socket, 64 core Epyc build, but I searched around and found some cheap dual-socket Epyc motherboards on ebay and kinda started going down the rabbit hole. Looking for a sanity check here or maybe I've...
  9. A

Designing 1U/2U/3U/4U rackmount server chassis - these will be going to production - looking for input, ideas, and feedback!

I've been buying / installing a lot of new stuff into older 1U-4U GPU and cheap ebay cases lately so I'll offer what I look for as a consumer. Overall I think you're trying to do too many things and need to focus on a niche and offer something unique there. Benchmarks to consider: Density: 3-4...
  10. A

New Supermicro Supermicro H11DSI-NT Amd Epyc DOA?

Yeah, sorry, I hijacked it. I have some dsi boards too I was thinking about testing the processors in though since they weren't working in multiple ssli supermicro boards but were working in the asrock. They should work in a dual cpu board if you only put in one cpu (has to be in CPU1 socket I...
  11. A

Ok, did that and both CPUs are still fine. Put the one from my h11ssli into my asrack board and it's running fine. The 7551P that was working fine in my asrack is back in the h11ssli again but no luck, still getting the "ff" post code. One stick of memory in the C1 slot. Haven't gotten anything...
  12. A

Automated failover for a home lab?

Thanks, that seems easy enough.
  13. A

Ah shoot, I used the first one on this list. Didn't realize it was the rev 1.0 BIOS. Maybe reflashing will help (nope, didn't help) https://www.supermicro.com/en/products/motherboard/H11SSL-i I haven't tried other CPUs in this board yet but it's my second h11ssli that's had the same exact...
  14. A

Automated failover for a home lab?

First of all, it's been a long time since I delved into networking so bear with me. My internet connection here is pretty unreliable (comcast), and recently was going out 1-2 days / month for up to 24-48 hours at a time. Typically it was stupid things like the maintenance tech screwing with...
  15. A

AMD making a fool of Threadripper customers - AGAIN?

Wait, threadripper pro isn't overclockable? That's pretty bad. What are the IO limitations though? I thought they both had 8+ lanes of memory, 128 pcie lanes, etc. Some of it seemed kind of overkill for threadripper but I guess a carryover from re-badging server parts.
  16. A

AMD making a fool of Threadripper customers - AGAIN?

This might come off as seriously uninformed, but aside from using non-ECC RAM what's the big selling point of threadripper vs epyc? Easier overclocking, higher core clock speeds, lower price, and (maybe) cheaper motherboards also seem to be the selling points. But by that token, with a little...
  17. A

Thought I'd chime in here as well and say that I bought a couple used 7551P CPUs off ebay and while both work fine in the asrock rack epycd8-2t that I have, neither will work in the supermicro h11ssli rev 2.0 motherboard. I can get into the IPMI though and was able to update the BIOS to see if...