Search results

1. N

WTB: 8GB ECC UDIMMS (32GB)

Hi Everyone, I'm working on testing some stuff in TrueNAS Core and I am looking for some DDR3 ECC UDIMMS to go along with a Supermicro X10SLL-F? If anyone still has some laying around and doesn't mind giving it up for a fair price let me know :)
  2. N

TrueNAS Core/ FreeNAS Do Not Expose Dedupe Savings in GUI

With TrueNAS Core being released soon, and the addition of SPECIAL VDEVs we now have the ability to use a dedicated piece of hardware to store our dedupe tables. The Dedupe table in ZFS is stored in RAM, and the more files you attempt to dedupe, the more RAM you are using just to store the...
  3. N

PSA: Western Digital Changed the drives in Elements Enclosures!

Hello All, I ordered an "WD 10TB Elements Desktop Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBWLG0100HBK-NESN" on Amazon last week. Inside is a Western Digital WD101EMAZ drive Previously, I had ordered 2 more of these back in November from Amazon and I recieved two Western Digital WD100EMAZ drives What is the...
  4. N

Dual port Super Micro/Intel X540 (AOC-STG-I2T) 10GbE Adapters $49

With the price of the ever-popular Mellanox Connect x-3 hovering around $39 for a single port, for $10 you can step up to Intel 10GbE RJ45...
  5. N

HP E3800 Switches $50 + $25 shipping

These have been online for a while now, but with all the Brocade love in these forums I figured I would try and spread the wealth around xD I bought one from this seller in January. Came well packed, firmware wasn't updated and still had some version of their config on it. Mine was apparently...
  6. N

HP E3800 Switches $50 + $25 shipping

These have been online for a while now, but with all the Brocade love in these forums I figured I would try and spread the wealth around xD I bought one from this seller in January. Came well packed, firmware wasn't updated and still had some version of their config on it. Mine was apparently...
  7. N

Homelab Network Upgrades

Hi all, I am planning on doing some homelab network upgrades. Part of this process will enable future expansion and possibly building an ESXI failover cluster at some point. I'm looking for some general advise as I plan this process as there are several ways I can go with it. Currently I have...
  8. N

Mikrotik CRS226

Hello Friends. I just found this website and I am loving it already. Lots of very useful information. You guys lead me to purchase a CRS226-24G-2S+RM to put in my home rack, it should arrive on Monday. Completely overkill for my needs-really only needed the 10 port model, but I wanted the...