Search results

1. L

Sharing DAS storage (SAS3) between multiple servers?

Windows Storage Spaces can do shared sas, not sure how well supported it is in Server 2019+
  2. L

Asking a small favor from any SAS SSD owners on the forum

=== START OF INFORMATION SECTION === Vendor: MICRON Product: S630DC-1600 Revision: M018 Compliance: SPC-4 User Capacity: 1,600,321,314,816 bytes [1.60 TB] Logical block size: 512 bytes Physical block size: 4096 bytes LU is resource...
  3. L

R720 connector documentation wrong?

I have seen it on eBay for the same price.
  4. L

R720 connector documentation wrong?

Mine came like that as well. You can get this one Dell PowerEdge R720 Optical SATA Power Connector Cable 20
  5. L

HP Proliant DL380p G8 vs Dell PowerEdge R720

I have 1x 720 and 1x 720xd, I do like them. Solid build quality and good software support from Dell.
  6. L

EU deprecated - SAS3 SSDs

Bought two of the same SSD as Lennong, A+ from me as well :D
  7. L

Guide: Flashing H310/H710/H810 Mini & full size to IT Mode

What i did: 1. Ran the lastet https://dl.dell.com/FOLDER06623957M/1/PER720_BOOTABLE_20.10.00.172.iso 2. Reset the BIOS, iDrac and cleared RAID-config 3. I did not remove the battery (Was feeling lucky :D) 4. Used iDrac to mount the iso-files 5. Followed the guide by fohdeesha
  8. L

Guide: Flashing H310/H710/H810 Mini & full size to IT Mode

Just flashed a H710 D1 in a Dell R720 using your setup @fohdeesha, it worked great. Thx :) "New device detected: SAS9207-8i(Integrated 1-1)"
  9. L

Building a Proxmox VE Lab Part 2 Deploying

Should sharding be enabled, I see Red Hat has that as a req for VM-storage?
  10. L

Proxmox VM - ZFS replication size

Cool, I would like to try a NFS server in a VM at 10-20TB. So asking you guys before rolling it out first. Low changerate in the VM in question.
  11. L

Proxmox VM - ZFS replication size

Hi What is the biggest VM anyone here has an active replication job running on? Looking for: - Size of the VM - Type of hardware - Type of ZFS pool config - Sync interval Thanks in advance :)
  12. L

AsrockRack x570d4i-2T

I think they updated the page, 128GB ram now.
  13. L

FS: Supermicro 6028TR-DTR x10 2 Node Servers

Thx for your reply, you gave me something to think about :)
  14. L

FS: Supermicro 6028TR-DTR x10 2 Node Servers

How loud is this thing?
  15. L

Remote Desktop Session Hosts

That is correct.
  16. L

The RDS UsrCALs are 50 ish $/year a pice. Each user also has an Office E3+Windows CAL. I am not an expert in MS licensing, but this was sold to us by an official MS-partner.
  17. L

I have been running RDS on Windows 2012 R2 since it came out, it works fine. Citrix is a smoother ride I am guessing, but RDS works for the legacy apps we use and RDS desktops. You manage the solution via the Server Manager, not sure if it is supported via the new web manager. It was a fairly...
  18. L

Are you doing vdi or rds?
  19. L

I gave up or "The history of my new ZFS filer"

Great read, thanks for posting.