Search results

1. M

Oracle F40 - bricked? help recover. Have backup files.

With F80 successful flash did you also go through the PCI_ID SBR change ? I would try this with F40 IR FW as you may run into issues if the F80 FW is expecting 4x 200GB SSD's Some more reading that may help with unbricking: marcan/lsirec
  2. M

https://www.thomas-krenn.com/de/wikiDE/images/4/44/Lsi_userguide_2006_20130528.pdf Page 2-5 I'm leaning towards where LSI keep their OEM keys (ie Cachecade) thats on a tiny little chip, which being serial would explain the lack of pins You will need to find a F40 owner who can extract their...
  3. M

Have a look over here Click on 'LSI Seagate files' (should be 545MB as its still uploading as I write this) I have uploaded all the tools and FW I have for the LSI/Seagate/SUN F40/F80 and others I concentrated on the F80 as that is what I crossflashed to IR mode, but you get the idea anything...
  4. M

In your linked article (which I used successfully on a F80) LSIREC can be used with PCI address, start by writing the SBR back
  5. M

IBM M5016 Megaraid BIOS documentation

http://manuals.ts.fujitsu.com/file/3505/mr-scsi-webbios-ug-en.pdf
  6. M

FS: Dell R620/8SFF w/ H710 RAID or IT mode SAS controller and miscellaneous stuff

No probs, Ebay is my friend, just thought I'd check here first Ah Wife and points earned to please, a well trodden path by both of us :)
  7. M

WTB Tesla M60

I've got one, not really using it any more I converted all the Mrs DVD's to disk, came in really handy for that. Plus playing with Virtual desktops I'm based in NZ, happy to send out at actual cost to send. Its the standard model (passive with air flow inside case to out), currently running in...
  8. M

FS: Dell R620/8SFF w/ H710 RAID or IT mode SAS controller and miscellaneous stuff

Do you happen to have a spare R720 mobo by chance ? mine has given up, got the dreaded voltage out of range issue Would be nice to ship out a complete system but shipping would kill that option.
  9. M

LSI 9440 8i - LSA not able to login

If running Win8.x/10 login with your MS account credentials (if used to activate Windows) ie your email address used for MS account is the login then what ever pw you have Windows Server should be what ever your main Windows login is, ie 'administrator' + pw
  10. M

LSI 9440 8i - LSA not able to login

https://docs.broadcom.com/docs-and-downloads/dam/common/dcsg/DCSG-PB-MegaRAID-SAS-9400-Series-BC00-0448EN-101718.pdf Taken from PDF • Up to 8 storage interface PCIe links. Each link supporting x4 or x2* link widths up to 8.0 GT/s (PCIe Gen3) per lane • SFF-9402 Compliant, Connector Pin-out •...
  11. M

LSI WarpDrive Sun Oracle F80 800GB PCI-E SSD $95 FS

Got mine a couple of days ago, took some sorting of new CentOS partition and setting up for process to change it to IR mode Got that done last night. Performance goes up to 1500/800MB/s, from about 450/275MB/s for each SSD in IT and no better with them RAID'd via OS Only issue with my R720, with...
  12. M

Enabling fastpath on 9260-8i

Yup, above are the different keys for the different SAS chipsets to use
  13. M

Yeah, going into a R720, a proverbial wind farm once those fans crank up Will be interesting to see how the R720 handles the SAS2008, as from same era, wonder if the System BIOS checks on PCIe temps like it would with Dell original HW and crank up fan speed Am used to LSI controllers none of...
  14. M

Just bought one for US$70 here Was selling for $80, offered $65 he countered with $70 Offers reasonable shipping costs to NZ to make it worth while Will be interesting to have a play with one.
  15. M

Activating Key with MegaCLI Use this example commands: For LSISAS2108 based controllers: megacli elf applykey key TIKGE5K73QX4EH7U5AT91URDQUNL9NXLVTTER72Z -a0 or storcli elf applykey key TIKGE5K73QX4EH7U5AT91URDQUNL9NXLVTTER72Z -a0 For LSISAS2208 based controllers: megacli elf applykey key...
  16. M

You can setup a script to do it via command line, everytime you boot or every day, week, month etc
  17. M

30+30+30....day trial key, you can renew till the cows come home
  18. M

TIKGE5K73QX4EH7U5AT91URDQUNL9NXLVTTER72Z No
  19. M

free mystery Compellent PCIe card for the cost of shipping

Card has me intrigued now From what I can gather: 2x SC8000 acting as redundant SAN storage controllers, these come with FC HBA's for serves to connect to and SAS HBA (or possibly RAID) controller to directly control Storage boxes SC8000 FC HBA's to FC switch Attached to the switch are at least...